LQ1985

Help Me Design A System Under $1200k

Currently have a Qsee system which doesn't work, and customer service never picks up. I'm looking to upgrade to 8cam system, possibly 16ch HD 1080 or 720 system. What system would you guys recommend?

Currently have a Qsee system which doesn't work, and customer service never picks up. I'm looking to upgrade to 8cam system, possibly 16ch HD 1080 or 720 system. What system would you guys recommend?

Here is an email I got from tech support yesterday. Maybe this will help you decide.

"You can get a new HD-SDI system (8ch Magic Lite or MAG-Series is $399.95), with a 3 year warranty, and it’s made in Korea. Here are some HD-SDI packages. I would recommend these:

http://edigitaldeals.net/8-channel-hd-sdi-standalone-dvr-system-2tb-choice-of-6-1080p-hd-cameras-cable-power-2yr.html

http://edigitaldeals.net/8-channel-hd-sdi-standalone-dvr-system-2tb-choice-of-8-1080p-hd-cameras-cable-power-2yr.html

HD-TVI is less expensive because it’s analog and not digital, and it will work on your existing RG59 or RG6 pre-made Siamese cables.

This one has the same software as the DVR you just purchased. (EA-Series)

http://edigitaldeals.net/8-channel-h-264-standalone-hd-tvi-dvr-1080p-vga-hdmi-1x-audio-2yr.html

This one is newer, has better software & warranty, and can accommodate 2 IP channels for a total of 10 channels. (LTS Platinum; not LTS Platinum-X)

http://edigitaldeals.net/lts-platinum-8-channel-tribrid-dvr-hd-tvi-analog-960h-30fps-720p-15fps-1080p-2ch-ip-vga-hdmi-1x-audio-1x-sata-3yr.html

And here are some 8 channel HD-TVI packages:

http://edigitaldeals.net/video-security-systems/hd-tvi-dvr-systems.html"

Support is excellent.

Here is an email I got from tech support yesterday. Maybe this will help you decide.

"You can get a new HD-SDI system (8ch Magic Lite or MAG-Series is $399.95), with a 3 year warranty, and it’s made in Korea. Here are some HD-SDI packages. I would recommend these:

http://edigitaldeals.net/8-channel-hd-sdi-standalone-dvr-system-2tb-choice-of-6-1080p-hd-cameras-cable-power-2yr.html

http://edigitaldeals.net/8-channel-hd-sdi-standalone-dvr-system-2tb-choice-of-8-1080p-hd-cameras-cable-power-2yr.html

HD-TVI is less expensive because it’s analog and not digital, and it will work on your existing RG59 or RG6 pre-made Siamese cables.

This one has the same software as the DVR you just purchased. (EA-Series)

http://edigitaldeals.net/8-channel-h-264-standalone-hd-tvi-dvr-1080p-vga-hdmi-1x-audio-2yr.html

This one is newer, has better software & warranty, and can accommodate 2 IP channels for a total of 10 channels. (LTS Platinum; not LTS Platinum-X)

http://edigitaldeals.net/lts-platinum-8-channel-tribrid-dvr-hd-tvi-analog-960h-30fps-720p-15fps-1080p-2ch-ip-vga-hdmi-1x-audio-1x-sata-3yr.html

And here are some 8 channel HD-TVI packages:

http://edigitaldeals.net/video-security-systems/hd-tvi-dvr-systems.html"

Support is excellent.

Hi. One of ops complaints is getting hold of customer service

Doing website checks are so simple and an save you time and save you wasting money.

But those sites are well over priced for no name .... Plus no company details on the site . But I can say they are not in the USA

I am going to recommend the same exact setup I use for my customers:

DVR: KT&C HD-TVI full HD, 8 Channel would run you for $170

4TB surveillance grade Western Digital PURPLE: $165

KT&C KEZ-c2TR28V12XIR 0.01 Lux HD-TVI Full HD Camera: $110 x 8 = 880 (http://www.ktncusa.com/_media/KEZ-c2TR28V12XIR_vs1.2.pdf) Absolutely the best picture I have ever seen day and night, and supports 2.8mm to 12mm manual zoom (have to use a handy monitor or view via smartphone iVMS-4500 remote client while adjusting)

10 A 8CH Distribution Box = $50

50 feet premade coaxial cables at $12 each or 500 feet RG-59 coaxial cables at $50 each.

Total, not including the cables is = $1,215

I know its a little over your budget, but this is the setup I can personally recommend to you after testing out different models of HD-TVI cameras and not being satisfied with the resulting image quality particularly at night, but with the KT&C KEZ-c2TR28V12XIR I and everyone I have installed that camera is super happy with the image quality, however as you can see, its not really a "cheap" camera in terms of price.

Warning: quoted price is the best match scenario, you may or may not find these prices depending on where you purchase and who is your CCTV distributor/supplier.

Support is excellent.

Hi. One of ops complaints is getting hold of customer service

Doing website checks are so simple and an save you time and save you wasting money.

But those sites are well over priced for no name .... Plus no company details on the site . But I can say they are not in the USA

I was happy with a rebranded DVR I bought from Q-See (LTD2708XD-L) that cost me $750 three years ago for $229. Cheapest anywhere I could find.

KT&C KEZ-c2TR28V12XIR 0.01 Lux HD-TVI Full HD Camera: $110 x 8 = 880 (http://www.ktncusa.com/_media/KEZ-c2TR28V12XIR_vs1.2.pdf) Absolutely the best picture I have ever seen day and night, and supports 2.8mm to 12mm manual zoom (have to use a handy monitor or view via smartphone iVMS-4500 remote client while adjusting)

50 feet premade coaxial cables at $12 each or 500 feet RG-59 coaxial cables at $50 each.

I know its a little over your budget, but this is the setup I can personally recommend to you after testing out different models of HD-TVI cameras and not being satisfied with the resulting image quality particularly at night, but with the KT&C KEZ-c2TR28V12XIR I and everyone I have installed that camera is super happy with the image quality, however as you can see, its not really a "cheap" camera in terms of price.

Warning: quoted price is the best match scenario, you may or may not find these prices depending on where you purchase and who is your CCTV distributor/supplier.

Maybe you could help me find a better choice than this unit:

I liked the Tribrid DVR but if you know of a better one I 'd go with your recommendation.

Thanks.

Al

Maybe you could help me find a better choice than this unit:

I liked the Tribrid DVR but if you know of a better one I 'd go with your recommendation.

Thanks.

Al

That DVR you quoted here is super fine. In fact, there is no difference what so ever between that LTS 8 CH Full HD DVR and mine KT&C 8 CH full HD DVR's, they are all HikVision rebrands using the same exact software, they all with work with iVMS-4500 on the iPhone and android smartphones (I have tested them) even though they come with their own in-brand created software (For Example, KT&C comes with OMNI Remote for both PC's and Smartphones, feature set are the same as HiKVision's iVMS-4500 software and both will work interchangeably so if you like to use iVMS you can use that or if you like to use OMNI you can use that).

The following HiKVision HD-TVI Rebranded DVR's using the same software:

KT&C

LTS

DVS

I have personally done projects using all of these three brands and I can vouch for the quality and reliability of these three brands, and my supplier has assured me with a 2 year warranty for any of these three DVR's that they carry, so feel free to buy that LTS DVR, its at a great price of $179 based on what I saw on that page. Just dont use cheap cables, based on my experience you can get away with using those "premade" cables for up to 100 ft of distance with very very minimal loss of image quality or very minimal fading/shadowing of objects, but I personally like to use RG-59 Coaxial Siamese cables for distances farther than 50 ft.

Hi. If you order before mid January you will get a good system well under your budget

http://www.costco.com/.product.100217003.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-CategoryTopProducts&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop%7CCategoryTopProducts

The problem with going tribrid is the other systems listed will only allow you to go 2 cameras at 1080p IP which is no good

Forget all this rebranded higher priced, less efficient Hik equipment. I work only with OEM non-branded Dahua equipment. that $110 1080p camera someone mentioned is a motorized lens camera. unless you actually need a lens that auto focuses when you digitally zoom in, then get a fixed lens. Even if you go motorized, i know a place you can get each camera at least $10 cheaper, but its still better equipment.

Anyways, for your project:

-an 8CH runs just $125, 16CH are just $199.

- For your home, max you'll need is 4TB, and thats just $170.

- Do 4 1080p fixed lens for inside ($49/ea.) and 4 motorized for outside ($99/ea.) =$592

- 9CH 10Amp power supply box is just $31.

- 60 feet premade coaxial cables are $5.00. 500 ft RG59 cable is $40.

TOTAL NOT INCLUDING CABLE IS JUST $918. THATS $300 EXTRA IN YOUR POCKET, PLUS MORE EFFICIENT, RELIABLE, BETTER RESOLUTION ON LONGER RUNS' EQUIPMENT. need i say more? oh yeah, plus they give tech support for anything you need, and 3 year warranties. " title="Applause" />

Forget all this rebranded higher priced, less efficient Hik equipment. I work only with OEM non-branded Dahua equipment. that $110 1080p camera someone mentioned is a motorized lens camera. unless you actually need a lens that auto focuses when you digitally zoom in, then get a fixed lens. Even if you go motorized, i know a place you can get each camera at least $10 cheaper, but its still better equipment.

- Do 4 1080p fixed lens for inside ($49/ea.) and 4 motorized for outside ($99/ea.) =$592

TOTAL NOT INCLUDING CABLE IS JUST $918. THATS $300 EXTRA IN YOUR POCKET, PLUS MORE EFFICIENT, RELIABLE, BETTER RESOLUTION ON LONGER RUNS' EQUIPMENT. need i say more? oh yeah, plus they give tech support for anything you need, and 3 year warranties. " title="Applause" />

except that you are installing transitional equipment (CVI) in 2015...the customer should at least know what they are buying. At the very least, run ethernet so they dont have to pay twice when they want to upgrade to ip later. CVI is not more efficient or more reliable than ip. The resolution is not any better, its in fact worse. The only benefit is longer runs which in 99.9 percent of installs a non issue.

except that you are installing transitional equipment (CVI) in 2015...the customer should at least know what they are buying. At the very least, run ethernet so they dont have to pay twice when they want to upgrade to ip later. CVI is not more efficient or more reliable than ip. The resolution is not any better, its in fact worse. The only benefit is longer runs which in 99.9 percent of installs a non issue.

transitional? yes, you're transitioning from analog to HD-CVI using the same RG59 cable as I described before. you can call Hikvision TVI transitional, also, except, as you confirm as well, CVI is actually better. Only downfall to it is not having as strong marketing is the U.S as Hikvision, but due to their quality focus. anyhow, running ethernet on a Tribrid HD-CVI DVR (analog+HD-CVI+IP) will give you not as good resolution transmission as RG59. CVI and IP are two different technologies of which IP requires actual in-depth knowledge (port forwarding, DDNS, etc) and CVI is a straight forward install. Dont confuse people comparing apples to oranges. HD-CVI provides 1080p in 2 - 2.4MP at no additional cost. Of COURSE IP will render 1.3MP and higher, but if you're talking 2MP in HD-CVI and 2MP in IP, you're looking at the same resolution, bud. Besides, for this person's residence, once he sees 1080P, and especially this Dahua OEM CVI, he wont have a NEED to upgrade. He's getting high resolution at a very economic price to view over his smartphones and computers, anytime - anywhere, from 1 - 32 camera simultaneous playback, at no additional cost. That's a slam dunk in my book with my customers.

Transitional as in a temporary upgrade using coax. If you are installing new lines, at the very least use ethernet and baluns so that they can upgrade later. The 1080 on the cvi is not as good as the 1080p on the dahua ip cameras. Yes, they claim the same resolution buts its not quite there.

Transitional as in a temporary upgrade using coax. If you are installing new lines, at the very least use ethernet and baluns so that they can upgrade later. The 1080 on the cvi is not as good as the 1080p on the dahua ip cameras. Yes, they claim the same resolution buts its not quite there.

Ethernet (Cat5, Cat6) cables perform well with HD-CVI, but the quality of the video resolution is slightly degraded. It is still a dramatic increase in resolution over analog resolution, but the degradation in quality is around 10%. As for Dahua CVI 1080p 2MP vs Dahua IP 2mp, if the features are all the same (WDR, DNR, etc), then it's going to look the same. Remember, that MP (megapixels) is what determines the resolution you're looking at.

Ethernet (Cat5, Cat6) cables perform well with HD-CVI, but the quality of the video resolution is slightly degraded. It is still a dramatic increase in resolution over analog resolution, but the degradation in quality is around 10%. As for Dahua CVI 1080p 2MP vs Dahua IP 2mp, if the features are all the same (WDR, DNR, etc), then it's going to look the same. Remember, that MP (megapixels) is what determines the resolution you're looking at.

No its not going to look the same. You should compare the two side by side. Regardless, the customer should know what they are paying for and the other options out there.

No its not going to look the same. You should compare the two side by side. Regardless, the customer should know what they are paying for and the other options out there.

I'm the professional, so to give a client every single option, unless asked for, instead of being the experienced installer and recommending something, is to confuse someone and do them a disservice instead. If you work at a shoe store, and are asked for good basketball shoes, you're not going to pitch cross trainers or clearance items. You're going to ask their budget, etc, and steer them the right way, instead of just take them to the basketball shoes section and say "Here they all are", right?

Whatever makes you feel good. A professional will lay out every option then provide a recommendation. .

That's why somebody was recommending all motorized vari-focal cameras at the beginning of this topic instead of even mentioning any fixed lens 1080p's, right?

So I looked at few other systems, and I like the clarity of the system below. What are your thoughts? It's coming out to 2200 shipped.

The iDVR-E16 is 16ch stand-alone H.264 surveillance DVR that supports analog CCTV and high definition surveillance cameras (AHD CCTV). This type of DVR that works with both SD and HD cameras is known as a hybrid.

More Info: http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/16ch-H264-DVR-p/idvr-e16.htm

• Recommended OPTIONAL 2 TB Hard Drive upgrade - Special Promotion ONLY $100.00 more

---------------------------------

• AHD-D7W, Infrared Indoor Dome, 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor, 1080P (1920 X 1080) HD Video Resolution, Only Compatible with AHD DVRs, Fixed 3.6mm Lens, Infrared LEDs for Low / No Light Environments, White Base, Tri Axis mount for wall or ceiling, Infrared for low light and zero light applications, 0 LUX with IRs on, Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range, night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments, 12V-DC Powered ---------------------------------

• The AHD-BL5H is a outdoor bullet shaped camera with 1080p (1920 x 1080) video resolution, 2.8 to 12mm Variable Focus Lens, 35 IR LEDs Built-in for Low Light & Zero Light Video Surveillance, IP68 Rated Weatherproof Enclosure, Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations

More Info online: http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/1080p-HD-CCTV-Camera-p/ahd-bl5h.htm ---------------------------------

• HD-100: 100ft Siamese Coax Video Power Cable, AHD TVI HD-SDI CVI CCTV Cameras

• PSPRO-DC18 - distributed power supply box, Power for up to 18 surveillance cameras, Input: 100-120VAC 50/60Hz

Output: 12 Volts DC - 9 Amp Total Output, .5 Amp Output per Channel / Camera, US power cord included - Plugs into standard US wall outlet

So I looked at few other systems, and I like the clarity of the system below. What are your thoughts? It's coming out to 2200 shipped.

The iDVR-E16 is 16ch stand-alone H.264 surveillance DVR that supports analog CCTV and high definition surveillance cameras (AHD CCTV). This type of DVR that works with both SD and HD cameras is known as a hybrid.

• Recommended OPTIONAL 2 TB Hard Drive upgrade - Special Promotion ONLY $100.00 more

• AHD-D7W, Infrared Indoor Dome, 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor, 1080P (1920 X 1080) HD Video Resolution, Only Compatible with AHD DVRs, Fixed 3.6mm Lens, Infrared LEDs for Low / No Light Environments, White Base, Tri Axis mount for wall or ceiling, Infrared for low light and zero light applications, 0 LUX with IRs on, Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range, night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments, 12V-DC Powered ---------------------------------

• The AHD-BL5H is a outdoor bullet shaped camera with 1080p (1920 x 1080) video resolution, 2.8 to 12mm Variable Focus Lens, 35 IR LEDs Built-in for Low Light & Zero Light Video Surveillance, IP68 Rated Weatherproof Enclosure, Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations

More Info online: http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/1080p-HD-CCTV-Camera-p/ahd-bl5h.htm ---------------------------------

• PSPRO-DC18 - distributed power supply box, Power for up to 18 surveillance cameras, Input: 100-120VAC 50/60Hz

Output: 12 Volts DC - 9 Amp Total Output, .5 Amp Output per Channel / Camera, US power cord included - Plugs into standard US wall outlet

That system is WAY overpriced...start doing some research.

That system is WAY overpriced...start doing some research.

Exactly what I was about to say. At the beginning, you were asking for a system under $1200, and now you are mentioning a system of Twice that amount. It seems like your budget is non-existent, in which case the system and camera options open up more. Is this the actual case, or is it your original request?

* AHD

You are entering the least recommendable of all the analog HD formats in existence (HD-TVI, HD-CVI, HD-SDI and HD-AHD)

You should read the following comparison guide to get a better grisp in which format to go to:

http://www.hdanalog.com/compare/

So, pay a visit to the above mentioned website, you are going to get a grasp of more or less what are the technological capabilities of all of these formats in terms of side by side comparison.

Just to reiterate, not in my wildest dreams would I do an AHD installation (if I am the one buying the equipment to be installed, unless the customer buys the equipment out of his own volition [in costco's/BJ's, etc] and is just paying me to hook it up), there is no way I can recommend a format that is not going to look as crisp as full HD supposed to look under all conditions. The analog formats that wins my vote by order of priorities are: HD-TVI and HD-SDI both of these formats will give you excellent picture quality, except that HD-SDI is limited to the lengh you can go and you can only use RG-6 or broadcast quality coaxial cable if you must go to the rated distance, with HD-TVI you can go as far as 1,000 feet on RG-59 cable which spool is 1/4 the price of a spool of RG-6 cable and is more tolerant to other types of cables such as UTP with corresponding HD-TVI balon's.