Sign in to follow this  
chrispy

Please help - Floureon Cameras on KKMoon DVR

Please help I am desperate. I've just upgraded my old 8 channel Floureon DVR for a 16 channel KKMoon one. Two of the cameras went dark on the old Floureon set up before I switched DVR's so I bought an extra 4 (Floureon 1200TVL) to put on the new system. The trouble is none of them work on the new receiver. I can't understand this because 6 of the cameras already installed were Floureon and also 1200TVL and they work fine so why don't the new set of 4 work? If anyone can help me with this i'd be eternally grateful. I live in a very rural area and i've had someone coming on to our property and trying to steel the alloy wheels off my wife's car and twice they must have been disturbed and left them loose nearly killing us in the process. The police are of no help whatsoever and the only way we're going to catch these scum is through these cameras.

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help me.

Hi, have you tried to hook up the new 4 cameras to the old floureon dvr? You need to figure out whether the problem lies in the cameras or the compatibility of the new dvr and new cams.

Yeah I tried that and they don't work on that one either. It's weird because I have exactly the same cameras running on the KKMoon dvr (from the old Floureon system) but these newly purchased ones won't work at all. I tried to find a 16 channel Floureon system here in the UK but they've stopped selling them for some reason so had to opt for an alternative make. It's a shame because I really the Floureon setup, it was nice and easy to use.

Yeah I tried that and they don't work on that one either. It's weird because I have exactly the same cameras running on the KKMoon dvr (from the old Floureon system) but these newly purchased ones won't work at all. I tried to find a 16 channel Floureon system here in the UK but they've stopped selling them for some reason so had to opt for an alternative make. It's a shame because I really the Floureon setup, it was nice and easy to use.

Do you have any links of the new dvr and cameras? What kind of cables do you use?

Do you have any links of the new dvr and cameras? What kind of cables do you use?

Yeah sure. The KKMoon DVR is here - http://www.dhgate.com/product/kkmoon-16ch-dvr-16-channel-960h-d1-cctv-network/263024527.html

These are the cameras - http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOUREON-1200TVL-CCTV-In-Outdoor-Surveillance-Home-Security-DVR-Camera-LED-IR-US-/351178254398

And these are the cables I used - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231598292149?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=530835945162&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The cabling i've used before and not had a problem and I still have Floureon 1200 TVL cameras operating on the new system, it's just these others will not work on it at all. Any help you can give me i'd be eternally grateful.

It looks like you got the wrong camera. If you live in UK you need a PAL format.

This is the camera title from ebay: "FLOUREON 1200TVL CCTV In/Outdoor Surveillance Home Security DVR Camera LED IR US"

At the end, you will notice US it means for USA use and it's NTSC

Good Luck & Happy Holidays!

Phil

Hi. First problem is your cable kits you have listed ....... They never work and are not 75ohm and the other problem with them is the power cable is too small .

Can you also list the power supply you are using ?

The cables i'm using are exactly the same as the others which are already running fine. There is power to the cameras as when it gets dark the IR is showing up bright red.

The cables i'm using are exactly the same as the others which are already running fine. There is power to the cameras as when it gets dark the IR is showing up bright red.

They are not CCTV cables ..... The power lead is too small they useless

You still have not said what size power supply you are using.... With you saying IR come on then I would say it's a amp problem with your cables being to small

image.thumb.jpeg.644d8dfb1fe1d2d8be5879f4e94d7054.jpeg