brycenesbitt

Lorex and SCW : Made in same factory?

I'm currently evaluating two budget NVR's.

The unit from Security Camera Warehouse was advertised as superior to the one from Lorex. But I found the software is a near twin and the cameras clearly came out of the same factory (they're identical down to minor markings on the case). Specifically it was the Lorex LNR300 and the SCW 1080P Networker Series with Wasp Pro 2.0 and Guardian Pro 2.0.

So these two kinda suck.

Who really makes their own stuff?

What might work for these needs:

• Ability to "skip to next motion" during playback.
  • Waterproof CAT5 connector (not the pigtail supplied by Lorex and SCW, which requires a huge 3/4" hole in the siding. I'd rather thread through just the bare cat5 cable and terminate it inside the camera housing).
  • Ability to disable IR night mode.
  • Automatic time setting over network (NNTP), or via Atomic Clock (WWV).
  • Alarm if something is wrong.
  • External trigger events (e.g. trigger event on Z-Wave sensor or contact closure).

I live in an urban neighborhood with lots of prowlers who test doors and riffle through unlocked cars. The primary application is 24/7 recording, with occasional manual review of suspicious motion events.

I've heard of Dahua through this forum: is there a way to try the software interface out before buying?

I can't speak to the SCW cameras. I do know Lorex is a subsidiary of Flir the thermal imaging company. Co-worker purchased a Lorex package from Sam's due to low price. The NVR sold in that package will only work with the high end Lorex cameras. So he quickly realized he got bambozzled.

I can't speak to the SCW cameras. I do know Lorex is a subsidiary of Flir the thermal imaging company. Co-worker purchased a Lorex package from Sam's due to low price. The NVR sold in that package will only work with the high end Lorex cameras. So he quickly realized he got bambozzled.

The lorex systems after the acquisition by flir are all dahau and any dahua camera should work. The older lorex systems were rebranded hikvision.

Is there a way to try the Dahau software to compare if it's the same thing?

I find the playback controls on the SCW to be poor, and on the Lorex miserable (they removed x2 x4 x16 playback speed, and skip 30 seconds forward back)?

Who's got the best playback software?

Is there a way to try the Dahau software to compare if it's the same thing?

I find the playback controls on the SCW to be poor, and on the Lorex miserable (they removed x2 x4 x16 playback speed, and skip 30 seconds forward back)?

Who's got the best playback software?

If you mean directly on the NVR, then no...not sure if dahua pss can be used to review video on the nvr...if you want lots of options you might want to consider a pc based vms.