Steveb3730

speco dvr can't view outside wifi

Helping my brother with this, he has a speco dsd8 DVR and can not view it unless he is on his wifi (or within his network) I have confirmed that the ports are open, port 80 5445 & 5446, we have also tried alternative ports. He uses an xfinity router/gateway but we have tried bridging this and just using a linksys router set up to see if it was xfinity's gateway blocking it. He has been fighting with this for months and even exchanged his dvr for a new one to see if that was the problem.

Any help will be much apperciated

-Steve

Couldn't find a model DSD8 listed on the Speco website. Could this be a D8DS? There is a function within the software for some DVR's that is "IP Access", where you can enable or disable. That has to be checked as "disable". This may not be the case within his model. Also, setup manually and check "NO" for DDNS.

Couldn't find a model DSD8 listed on the Speco website. Could this be a D8DS? There is a function within the software for some DVR's that is "IP Access", where you can enable or disable. That has to be checked as "disable". This may not be the case within his model. Also, setup manually and check "NO" for DDNS.

Didn't find ip access setting. I set up manually and set NO for ddns. Unfortunately same results.

Ya the model is probably a typo when he text me the model #

What do you get when you attempt to access his Port 80 WAN address? 404 Page, Blank Screen, etc.? Are you trying to access using a PC or phone?

Phone app. Get an error cannot connect please check settings.

To try an access via browser do i type in his dvr ip address?

Not trying to insult your intelligence, just making sure we are not chasing our tails. You are connecting to his public IP address, right? You should not be connecting to the DVR address from outside the network.

Not trying to insult your intelligence, just making sure we are not chasing our tails. You are connecting to his public IP address, right? You should not be connecting to the DVR address from outside the network.

No insult at all, i'm here for help. and you got it! He was putting in the wrong address into the app. the dvr address worked on the app with in the network so never thought to question the address. Sometimes its the simple things that get over think'd!

Thanks for the help!