Rone

CCTV Equipment Required

Hi Guys

First I must say Happy new year and all the best for 2016.

I am building a house in Grenada and would like to install a CCTV system, I happen to come by some Bosch LTC0485 Cameras and would like to know what other equipment I would need to get the system up and running and will enable me to view the property via the net from any where.

also a setup diagram would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rone

Without knowing the specs of those cameras the following is just general advice.

Power Supply - allow 1A / camera ( so 4 cameras then a 4A supply )

Cable - Dont use pre-made cables. Run cat 5 & use baluns if the system is analoge

DVR - NVR for IP system or HDCVI/TVI etc if analogue

The Bosch LTC 0485 is an analog color box camera that is best suited for interior use (with sufficient controlled lighting).

The Bosch LTC 0465 is an analog Day/Night box camera that is better suited for exterior use (with proper rated outdoor enclosure).

The Bosch LTC 0485 is an analog color box camera that is best suited for interior use (with sufficient controlled lighting).

The Bosch LTC 0465 is an analog Day/Night box camera that is better suited for exterior use (with proper rated outdoor enclosure).

what IP camera would you recommend for external use?

what IP camera would you recommend for external use?

Hi. You have some very good bosh cameras and expensive .... So I would use them as they are for internal or external (with housing) they have very good night view

I would go for a hybrid so as you can use your bosh or attach to an IP converter.

Why is the Bosch camera so expensive? Wouldn't a $100 IP camera give a much better picture?

Simply because the guys do not like Bosch