uppo

ebay brands....

hi all!!

i know ebay equipment is often frowned upon- but simply i cant afford what i want elseware. an yes i know you get what you pay for. (as i learnt with my SUNLUXY ebay special!!)

all i want to know has any one used or dealt with any of the other brands found on ebay..?

FUNLUXY , FLOUREON , ZOSI , ANNKE , SANNCE , ONVIF , ZMODO , ZNV ?

any others?

any of these brands OK? any to stay clear of? im not after a high end system -just something to replace my existing DVR box. they all offer what would properly considered a basic system at the right price- i just wanna know what the reputations of these brands are like..

im based in perth - western Australia if that makes any difference

( and if anyone knows anything about replacing / upgrading (il even conside downgrading!) sunluxy firmware id love some help!! (dosnt have to be sunluxy firmware- any firmware thats compatible il be happy with!)

SLDVR4-4600

hi all!!

i know ebay equipment is often frowned upon- but simply i cant afford what i want elseware. an yes i know you get what you pay for. (as i learnt with my SUNLUXY ebay special!!)

all i want to know has any one used or dealt with any of the other brands found on ebay..?

FUNLUXY , FLOUREON , ZOSI , ANNKE , SANNCE , ONVIF , ZMODO , ZNV ?

any others?

any of these brands OK? any to stay clear of? im not after a high end system -just something to replace my existing DVR box. they all offer what would properly considered a basic system at the right price- i just wanna know what the reputations of these brands are like..

im based in perth - western Australia if that makes any difference

( and if anyone knows anything about replacing / upgrading (il even conside downgrading!) sunluxy firmware id love some help!! (dosnt have to be sunluxy firmware- any firmware thats compatible il be happy with!)

SLDVR4-4600

You say that you learned with your " SUNLUXY ebay special"..i dont think you did.

Hi, none of them are the best. Every single solitary one of them is a compromise of one sort or another. And ONVIF is not a camera brand. It is an organization started in 2008 by Axis Communications, Bosch Security Systems and Sony with the goal to facilitate the development and use of a global open standard for the interface of physical IP-based security products. What kind of dvr set do you need? How many channels?

On this forum, I'll get "slammed" for this but,,,,,,,

I deal with 3 CCTV company's and one of them is the Zmodo product. The other 2 are the higher end products and honestly have had more issues with them. I have sold a good many of the Zmodo DVR's over the past 3 years (not NVR, IP) and have only had three issues out of the dozens. 2 hard-drives and one lightning strike. What I have found with on-line complaints, that I have had are just "ignorance" of the industry. After they do all of the stupid stuff trying to set them up, they got mad and returned it. During that experience they learned what they did wrong and purchase something else of which they are now educated and things go pretty smooth. Now I know, with what I have experienced on this forum that I'm going to catch "crap" for this post, but it's the truth as I have found it in my business. When it comes to the IP and Wireless stuff, that was a nightmare for me with the higher end stuff as well as attempting to help others with all kinds of manufacturers. The disconnects and intermittent stuff drove me nuts and I got away from even trying to service existing systems of those formats. Overloading routers and insufficient bandwidth and trying to explain it, was just too much grief. The first thing the consumer wants to blame is the "new DVR" and not any thing to do with their existing system/equipment. The incompatibility and mismatch of IP camera's is enough to cause one to retire from that part of the industry. OK, I'm done and ready for the,,,,,,

look around at some of the online dealers you may be able to get a deal on something in your price range with a warranty and tech support dept. Just saw 8 channel without hd that also does TVI for 120.00 seems cheap enough.