videoVIP

Broadcasting HDMI from NVR to Five TV's?

Client wishes to have HDMI output from NVR broadcast to five televisions in five on-site offices. I informed them they could monitor the NVR from their desktop PC, but they insist on having it viewable on the TV in each office.

I researched HDMI splitters (StarTech/Monoprice), but all list a cable length limitation of about 15' ~ 20'. The offices are from 20' ~ 75' distant from the NVR.

Any ideas?

Edit: The TV's are all connected to Comcast for regular viewing. Is there an HDMI modulator that works with digital cable?

Client wishes to have HDMI output from NVR broadcast to five televisions in five on-site offices. I informed them they could monitor the NVR from their desktop PC, but they insist on having it viewable on the TV in each office.

I researched HDMI splitters (StarTech/Monoprice), but all list a cable length limitation of about 15' ~ 20'. The offices are from 20' ~ 75' distant from the NVR.

Any ideas?

Edit: The TV's are all connected to Comcast for regular viewing. Is there an HDMI modulator that works with digital cable?

How about

HDMI over Cat5

lots of choices

That's a lot of $$ and a lot of mess. Thinking a modulator through the cable system is the way to go.

hmm lot of $$ ?

I guess it's depend what and who is talking

check prices for modulator

and get back to us

8 way splitter = $500+

5 sets of HDMI/Ethernet Extenders = $875

Dual Cat5e runs to 5 locations = $750

Installation/programming = $450

Total = $2575.

How much is a modulator?

8 way splitter = $500+

5 sets of HDMI/Ethernet Extenders = $875

Dual Cat5e runs to 5 locations = $750

Installation/programming = $450

Total = $2575.

How much is a modulator?

I am not sure I like your pricing

I can easily do for probably half

Great. C'mon down to Miami and do it for half. I'll bill my client the full price and won't even have to get my hands dirty. Win-win!

Great. C'mon down to Miami and do it for half. I'll bill my client the full price and won't even have to get my hands dirty. Win-win!

nice try

Miami sounds kinda nice....just put me and the family up at a nice 4-star...business class is acceptable I suppose.

For residential and small offices, doing FireTV dongles on a dedicated LCD monitor + an app to monitor the NVR is doable. For large offices with IT depts, they typically wouldn't like such semi-open clients around the network.

first off I have installed many HDMI extenders over cat5e, some work very well. But if you want to really impress your client.

Use this device for sending to multiple HDMI monitors

This unit works by sending the signal down your gigabit network.

take a look at this.... you will like it

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/351548050673?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=620579601749&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT