mcguyver32927

New Member (Probably) --

Hello All and glad to be among CCTV / Surveillance pros

I am a disabled Military Surveillance/Thermal & Visible Camera system R&D Engineer. Before becoming totally mentally and physically worthless, I worked at many firms designing, building, testing and troubleshooting short and long range Thermal/Visible PTZ systems. Both Mobile, Wired and Wireless. Items/systems I developed ranged from simple patrol vehicle thermal PAN/Tilt to Stationary Multimile secure wireless controlled platforms.

All I do now, when I feel well enough is tinker. I now have simple Axis 241Q system at our home with multiple wired/ wireless RS485 speed dome cameras.

Anyway, I hope I can help in any way possible. I do remember quite a bit.

Thanks. No, there are days, being disabled (Physically & Brainwise) that just getting out of bed is a major chore. It takes everything. Literally, everything to move and get coffee.

My love was my work and hobby as an engineer. I still have the great ideas, I just do not have the "push" or "drive" often enough to just sit in the shop and put together parts and circuitry. Programming is a chore, but sometimes, it all still comes together.

M