uppo

DIY I.R. REFLECTOR

Quick question -

iv purchased several replacement IR leds for cameras that im goin to build housing for and install as extra IR lights. iv been experimenting with different household items as reflectors and defuses.

eg- frosted plastics , tinted/frosted glass, various cheap torch reflectors, the dogs water bow, jars, pretty much anything and everything!

iv heard IR reflectors need to be made of metal? not glass as it dosnt reflect very well?

is this true?

has anyone made or modified IR lights?

wanna share some ideas or post some pics?

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

at the moment iv rigged up my spare cameras with power supplies any just ducted tapped em ware ever just seeing what i can achieve. hahah

think my neighbors think im goin crazy!! iv spent last 3 nights playing out the front under moon light hahah

Quick question -

iv purchased several replacement IR leds for cameras that im goin to build housing for and install as extra IR lights. iv been experimenting with different household items as reflectors and defuses.

eg- frosted plastics , tinted/frosted glass, various cheap torch reflectors, the dogs water bow, jars, pretty much anything and everything!

iv heard IR reflectors need to be made of metal? not glass as it dosnt reflect very well?

is this true?

has anyone made or modified IR lights?

wanna share some ideas or post some pics?

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

at the moment iv rigged up my spare cameras with power supplies any just ducted tapped em ware ever just seeing what i can achieve. hahah

think my neighbors think im goin crazy!! iv spent last 3 nights playing out the front under moon light hahah

How about a tin foil hat? I'm having a yard sale.

Mirrors are made of Glass and seem to reflect everything that is sees.

Maybe a glass lens might magnify the light.

I just Googled DYI infrared lighting and was entertained for quite some time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_SbeFHUJos