artanmm

Help me to buy 32 camera set for for father's workshop

Hi,

i am new here and i need help. First of all i never had before security cameras installed and have no experience with them. i googled and found out that network cameras are newer technology and better, so i went this way and installed cat.6 cables.

The real issuse is here: i have no idea about wich model to take, what resolution is enaugh for me, which brand to go with,and NVR is blowing my mind, there are a lot of parameters i don't understand most of them, except POE and HDD numbers.

Hikvison and Dahua i would like to go with, but i live in Kosovo (here we don't have good shops for security cameras) and my uncle lives in new york is going to purchase for me there.

8 of cameras are going to be installed outside all other's inside ( but dust because it is woodworking shop) all others indoor.

-If somebody could suggest me some good NVR models and some good cameras ( if possible to include motion detection because i think it will save some space)

-How much space do i need and how long will it be stored there?

-What do i need except NVR and internet connection to view them remotely?

- Can i add later cameras? if i don't have enaugh money i can buy 20-24 now other's later

-Can i add on this system PTZ cameras later? do i need extra thinks?

I am so sorry and apologise but i thought this was best place to get help from, because there are not many people who have good knowledges for them.

All the best

Artan Morina

Hi,

i am new here and i need help. First of all i never had before security cameras installed and have no experience with them. i googled and found out that network cameras are newer technology and better, so i went this way and installed cat.6 cables.

The real issuse is here: i have no idea about wich model to take, what resolution is enaugh for me, which brand to go with,and NVR is blowing my mind, there are a lot of parameters i don't understand most of them, except POE and HDD numbers.

Hikvison and Dahua i would like to go with, but i live in Kosovo (here we don't have good shops for security cameras) and my uncle lives in new york is going to purchase for me there.

8 of cameras are going to be installed outside all other's inside ( but dust because it is woodworking shop) all others indoor.

-If somebody could suggest me some good NVR models and some good cameras ( if possible to include motion detection because i think it will save some space)

-How much space do i need and how long will it be stored there?

-What do i need except NVR and internet connection to view them remotely?

- Can i add later cameras? if i don't have enaugh money i can buy 20-24 now other's later

-Can i add on this system PTZ cameras later? do i need extra thinks?

I am so sorry and apologise but i thought this was best place to get help from, because there are not many people who have good knowledges for them.

All the best

Artan Morina

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-32-Channel-HD-IP-NVR-with-8TB-HDD%2c-32-4MP-Cameras-with-100'-Night-Vision.product.100222134.html

The standalone NVR for IP system could be limited to display Max 4 Channels of camera, not 16 Ch or 32 Ch videos for a spot -preview monitoring. If spot viewing is important, look for other solutions:

4MP X 32 Ch could be too much-overloaded for PC based NVR or stand alone NVR. You may consider 720P IP Cameras and Software PC Based NVR.

32 cameras total

8 exterior cameras

21 interior cameras

What is your budget?

What resolution do you need?

Will you be using the interior cameras to record real time video and also time lapse or security only?

This will determine your maximum frame rate requirements...

The standalone NVR for IP system could be limited to display Max 4 Channels of camera, not 16 Ch or 32 Ch videos for a spot -preview monitoring. If spot viewing is important, look for other solutions:

4MP X 32 Ch could be too much-overloaded for PC based NVR or stand alone NVR. You may consider 720P IP Cameras and Software PC Based NVR.

Enough with your nonsense this unit can spot view all 32 channels.. No need need for them to me on 4mp as the screen cannot support anything close to that.. You keep lying about this Stop it.

Enough with your nonsense this unit can spot view all 32 channels.. No need need for them to me on 4mp as the screen cannot support anything close to that.. You keep lying about this Stop it.

You keep lying about this Stop it.

40 minutes ago, benbenlol said:

I also plan to congratulate my father, but I'm still not sure what a gift to give him. Do you have ideas?

Socks are always good or PJs