alexf40

Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P Hard Drive Failure?

Hi I have a feeling my hard drive may have failed, but not entirely sure how to actually test it without taking it out the unit?

Under HDD Management > Basic Settings

It shows HDD01 as grey out and non-selectable. Where it says Capacity and Free space these are both 0.00GB with Status showing Not Exist.

I assume this is a problem with the drive? I've tried rebooting the NVR and it's still the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alex

I was hoping there was a way to do it without taking the drive out, is there a way to do this remotely?

I can't select it from within the NVR control panel.

So I've resorted to taking out the drive and formatting in the PC. It works in the PC, but within the NVR when trying to format it it states: Init Status HDD Initialization failed.:1

Any ideas?

I went through this same thing about a week ago with a Hikvision DVR. The hard drive was bad (still under warranty though). I put a new drive in, initialized it without a hitch and it's been running just fine since then.

It's a Western Digital Purple drive, under 12 months old. I formatted it again in the PC and it finally initialized on the NVR. It was recording when I tested this morning, but I don't have much confidence in it anymore. I've reached out to Western Digital's support team and will let you know what they say.

Hi there. First time post. I am currently trying to get this working myself and having the same issue.

How did you format the drive in the PC? i.e. did you initialise it as GPT or MBR and did you format it as NTFS or exFAT?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am just about at my whits end!

I have tried a WD Green and WD Purple HDD and both give the same error. I have another Hikvision NVR with a Seagate drive that is working fine.

Hi Sameri, sorry I never received an alert for your message and assume you've probably fixed it by now. But for anyone else reading this, I format on windows to GPT, then the NVR recognises the drive but then it still needs to be formatted in the NVR, I use the remote configuration in IVMS-4200 to format it.

I would like to share my problem with you guys.

I have two HDD purple WD in my NVR 3TB and 6TB. One of them started giving me the problem of "NOT EXIT" in the NVR (3TB).

However, when I unplugged the HDD from inside the NVR and Then I plugged it in again it worked and the problem ended.But after a while, my other HDD 6TB had the same issue do I have to unplug it every time the issue occurs.

Is there any other permanent solution for such problem and why did it happen. Is it because of an electricity failure or what?

On 1/19/2016 at 3:00 AM, alexf40 said:

It's a Western Digital Purple drive, under 12 months old. I formatted it again in the PC and it finally initialized on the NVR. It was recording when I tested this morning, but I don't have much confidence in it anymore. I've reached out to Western Digital's support team and will let you know what they say.

It's a long time, but can you tell me whether it worked normally afterward or not? i'm having the same issue on a 1TB WD purple.