jeff1214

where should i buy suitable cameras for my house?

Just want to buy some cameras for my new house,

where could i find suitable cameras?

after i buy them, How can i install them ?

Do some research before you buy any cams. You can head for amazon or bestbuy or newegg. What kind of cameras do you want? How many? How much? Outdoors or indoors?

i do not know, maybe common , about 5 cameras, both outdoor and indoor; Thank you very much

Well, if you want to go something other than wireless you could get an decent 8 camera system. I got my cctv camera kit from Amazon for less than two hundred bucks, a floureon security camera system with 4 cameras. You can leave expansion on in case you change your mind. And this system starts off with some pretty nice 1200 TVL resolution. Besides resolution, its night vision is quite good with 36 IR leds. It has IP66 ratings so you can use it outdoors. You can check it out on Amazon, or tell us more about your requirements. P.S. In my opinion, the community here will be happy to make other suggestions if you share a bit more of your thoughts.

Here we go again, an individual is happy with his Floureon and they are put-down and then that is followed with spam.

aibudo stop it

He is happy because He does not know or not seen any better

and you are not helping

Here we go again, an individual is happy with his Floureon and they are put-down and then that is followed with spam.

aibudo stop it

He is happy because He does not know or not seen any better

and you are not helping

+1.

You could hire a company do provide the cameras and installation.

If you want to do it all yourself, Id just buy off Amazon and watch Youtube videos and read up on how to wire and install. There is a learning curve but its not rocket science.

I would buy from a warehouse store like Costco, BJs or Sams, or Microcenter if you have one around. They have great return and warranty policies I would buy from the following brand names; Swann, Q-See or Lorex. You can always use Newegg.com or Amazon.com for reviews and youtube for How to's.

I agree with previous post of using 720-1080p and most packaged security systems are for indoor and outdoor use.

-Good luck

Here is video from a Costco 1080P BCN59 system.

The zoom camera is in the expensive system. There is an 8 camera stand alone system with these same cameras at Costco for $499. My local Costco has that system in stock and on display.

These are the "analog style" BNC59 cameras, IP cameras are more money. By all means insist on 1080P as a minimum.

Jim