bfldworker

Suggestions on Security system

I only have experience installing CCTV systems in homes and in mall stores, so I wasn't dealing with the highest quality of cameras.

I just got requested by my wife's boss to install a security system at one of his motels. He doesn't care how much is costs, but he wants total and complete coverage of the entire property, office, laundry facilities, walk ways, parking lot, pool, etc, etc.

So here is my question. What is the best system out there that is wired with HD (1080 or 4K), weather proof (including Florida thunderstorm and tropical storm/hurricane), vandal proof, can deal with cold and heat (Northern Florida winter cold and florida summer hot as well as commercial laundry room hot), night vision. I don't care if it is analogue or HD-SDI. And it needs to support at least 32 cameras and it doesn't need PTZ.

Suggestions

If don't care about money ,it's more convenient to buy cameras . Especially for 4k camera .Because there are limited brand of 4k camera , you can search it from Youtube .Most of high quality cameras have good videos .

I know he says he doesn't care how much it costs but, you might want to get a budget idea in mind and more importantly his expectations on the quality of video.

I'm sure you can google like a 32 channel HD-TVI or CVI 1080p system and probably find some for $5k-$8k or you could look for an actual solid vms/server/camera solution for $15k+. If he wants good quality, warranty, support, easy to use, expandable, multiple sites, etc.. my recommendation would be an actual vms solution

and not the cheapest dvr 2mp/1080p solution there is. But, again find out how much he actually really wants to spend as it'll help point you in the right direction.

"best system out there" will get you 100 different opinions. You just want to go with a name brand with good reputation. I'd say you definitely want to go with IP POE cameras and use an NVR. Look at Acti, Avigilon, Geovision, Axis. Any of their outdoor cameras will hold up to the elements you describe. I personally use Geovision and have been very pleased. Probably see what nearby dealers sell so that they can help you along the way.

For new installs when the cable runs are less than 100M I go with IP systems.

I do mostly Hikvision built IP cameras...they work great in the Arizona heat, and I've had no issues with water during the summer monsoons here. For cold, it only gets down to about 30 degrees for a short time here, so I'll defer cold-weather inquiries.

I was doing mostly 3 megapixel systems in 2015, but now I do more 4 megapixel stuff. But for the specifics of each camera of what you need, it may be different for the pool or the laundry room or the parking lot depending upon the site inspection.

I think you should also take into consideration the length of the cable runs to each camera .

Ip systems max out at about 300' per cam ,unless budget is truly no issue.

Cvi & tvi systems can go up to 1500' per cam .

I think you should also take into consideration the length of the cable runs to each camera .

CVI and TVI should not be used in new installs. They are transitional technologies.

The 328f limit of Ethernet is easily overcome by strategic placement of switches and in limited cases using extenders.

CVI and TVI should not be used in new installs. They are transitional technologies.

The 328f limit of Ethernet is easily overcome by strategic placement of switches and in limited cases using extenders.

Why would cvi or tvi not be used for a new install ?

If money is no object and you have to have the highest megapixel cameras available ,

then by all means go with ip .I would definitely consider hd-cvi for almost any new install .

Including this one .yea you can get higher megapixel cams with ip but Do you really need more ?

I think that with proper camera selection and installation you can get awesome 1080p video

Day or night for way less than 1/2 the cost of an iP system .you don't need a $500 or more ip cam

Watching an ice machine when you can have a $60 cvi cam do it with clear 1080p video.

I think you can make a lot more money with a lot less headaches with a cvi system .but like someone

said in an earlier post ,you will get 100 different opinions !

ISN'T ALL TECHNOLOGY TRANSITIONAL ???