Sign in to follow this  
turanafon

Can Video stop working due to HEAT ???

Hello people,

I am posting as i need some help/advice.

i have installed an Annke cctv system in a friends Fish&chip shop,

All 4 cameras were working at first, then after the first week 1 of the cameras stopped.

I went back and changed the bnc connectors at both ends and the picture returned , but only for a short time.

The picture has now gone again yet there is 12v power at both ends and the IR light up, but no video.

i plugged the camera direct into the dvr and bingo we have a picture.

i checked the shotgun cable from the dvr to the camera and see no signs of damage anywhere.

now what i want to know is this cable runs above past a Kebab machine which when its on is very hot as you can imagine and heat rises,

Could this be a problem on the coax side of the shotgun cable as the power is not affected, only the picture.

i have no other idea as to what it could be. i wanted to check before i go and run a new cable next week.

thanks

Edited by Guest

Anybody ?

I am new to this forum, but not new to forums. It has been my experience that if you describe the crux of the problem in the Title you will get more traction.

When I see "Help Please" my first thought is always, "don't bother even looking as it will be either a spammer or someone asking for a handout."

Try with a new posting and a meaningful Title.