ccchr

Security System Setup for 3 Buildings

Hello Everyone!

I have to install a security system to 3 separate buildings that are about 300 ft. apart. Each building requires about 10 cameras each.

Should I

1. Buy 3 separate NVRs + 10 Cameras each

or

2. Buy 1 NVR, 2-3 switches connected by SFP (between two of the buildings) and 30 cameras

My gut feeling is Option #1, but it would be nice to get some expert advice.

Thanks!

We would probably install a couple NVR's at the head end, and send the cameras back via point to point wireless devices. We use Ubuiqiti.

You could also install an NVR at each building and stream the sub feed back to one building for central monitoring. Use the same wireless devices.

How do you plan on wiring the buildings together? Is there conduit connecting them?

Either method works

for the first method using three different NVR would be great because no framerate loss, unless you have an unlimited budget and willing to spending more. it is almost cheaper to buy 3 seprate NVRs

the second method would work, just run basically only one cat5e/6 wire and make sure to POE 1000/gigabit switches.

As mentioned by GH75, you could link all the NVR to view in one central spot, this is the benefits of IP