narinesa

CAT6 wiring for IP

I have made and installed several aerial cat6 using the incorrect pins - I just haven't connect the cameras as yet. I now know the correct method (with the blue and green)

It is a big job to re-cut, pin and test outdoor aerial wires.

I want to know if my way will work, if not, is there an easy way to correct same either at the network switch (no poe) or making just a short special cable and how to do it.

Here is old wiring which probably may not work with 2mp IP cameras:

Here is my wiring:

1. Orange White

2. Orange

3. Blue White

4. Blue

5. Green White

6. Green

7. Brown White

8. Brown

Won't be "industry standard", but if they are wired the same on both ends they will work.

This is absolutely NOT accurate. They are twisted in a specific fashion to avoid interference. On long runs this can make the camera unusable and even on short runs can cause packet loss. I can point you to several threads where the end used did not follow the standard and had trouble until it was done correctly.

I edited my post just before your reply. Sorry, I was in a hurry with my post as my supper was ready and setting beside my computer. After I left the forum, I cussed at myself and got back on, but too late. My initial response was in regard to a system that I was called to service for an issue, that had Cat6 between 2 different buildings and the cables were not terminated to standard, but the dang system seemed to work just fine in that regard. Wasn't relative to the problem that they called me for.

Thanks for all the comments.

My research indicated that the industry standard uses PAIR to communicate (which are not the same as the color paring) where my paring would not communicate/duplex properly because it would be using the wrong pair. Got to change the wiring.

Thanks for all the comments.

My research indicated that the industry standard uses PAIR to communicate (which are not the same as the color paring) where my paring would not communicate/duplex properly because it would be using the wrong pair. Got to change the wiring.

Dont know what you mean, it makes no sense...but you should use 568B (or a, however, B is the norm so use B) doing anything else is wrong and stupid.

The industry standard is 568B

The send and receive communication uses the industry pair

The cable color pairing is different

You have to look at the 568B diagram to understand

You will notice that the green and blue wiring is reversed in 568B

It send on one pair and receive on another pair

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M2017d5d630416bf500d2be6c2505113aH0&w=185&h=299&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

The industry standard is 568B

The send and receive communication uses the industry pair

The cable color pairing is different

You have to look at the 568B diagram to understand

You will notice that the green and blue wiring is reversed in 568B

It send on one pair and receive on another pair

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M2017d5d630416bf500d2be6c2505113aH0&w=185&h=299&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Not sure what you are talking about. Are you using 568B? IF not your WILL have issues and are doing it incorrectly!!! I think you confused yourself with your "research"

Use 568b, end of story.

Sorry, you confused yourself.

I indicated in past post that I am using the industry standard 568B and that I changed my wiring.

I merely try to explain to you why the industry standard is the way it is and why the 568B cannot send and receive on the same pair - crosstalk and traffic jam

Sorry, you confused yourself.

I indicated in past post that I am using the industry standard 568B and that I changed my wiring.

I merely try to explain to you why the industry standard is the way it is and why the 568B cannot send and receive on the same pair - crosstalk and traffic jam

I dont need a technical explanation, which is not correct anyway. You came here with a miswired setup. We told you what to do. Its really as simple as that. I love it how these folks with zero knowledge read something online and try to school others.

Again, you got me all wrong.

You don't take the time to read or understand my posts

I came with a problem.

I found the solution which is the 568B standard

I thank all for their comments

This should have been the end of the conversation - why did you continue ?

I re-wired my cables

Please re- read my posts

Because you failed to understand the above

I went to the next step to explain why 568B standard works the way it does

I never did disagree with the 568B standard

Just my wiring was wrong which I corrected

Here is a quick overview again and the568B standard:

Cat5/6 uses wires in pair orange, green, blue, brown each with a stipe white

1. white orange

2. orange

3. white green

4. BLUE (here is where the pair changes with 6)

5. white blue

6. GREEN (here is where the pair changes with 4)

7. white brown

8. brown

In my original wiring, I did not switch 4 and 6 to 568B standard, I used the cable paring instead which caused traffic jam and crosstalk with the receive and send signal

I'm confused to why he was confused. Your explanation was plain enough for me. Of course I only have 20 years in networking and surveillance experience. May not be enough.

Edited by Guest

Again, you got me all wrong.

You don't take the time to read or understand my posts

I came with a problem.

I found the solution which is the 568B standard

I thank all for their comments

This should have been the end of the conversation - why did you continue ?

I re-wired my cables

Please re- read my posts

Because you failed to understand the above

I went to the next step to explain why 568B standard works the way it does

I never did disagree with the 568B standard

Just my wiring was wrong which I corrected

Here is a quick overview again and the568B standard:

Cat5/6 uses wires in pair orange, green, blue, brown each with a stipe white

1. white orange

2. orange

3. white green

4. BLUE (here is where the pair changes with 6)

5. white blue

6. GREEN (here is where the pair changes with 4)

7. white brown

8. brown

In my original wiring, I did not switch 4 and 6 to 568B standard, I used the cable paring instead which caused traffic jam and crosstalk with the receive and send signal

I think you FAILED to read my post. I recommend 568 from the outset. I am familiar on how it works. You confused yourself reading nonsense on the internet. The interference issue is NOT related to the explanation you gave. Its related to how the pairs is twisted in the cable not because send and receive are on different pairs.

Its really simple use 568b. End of story.

I wasn't going to add what I'm about to now, but I find it amusing. That's in regard to crosstalk, etc. when using 4 pairs of networking cable. In the late 60's I was a technology instructor instructing in the modulation and demodulation of 600 communications over a single pair of wires. And that was duplex. Now, they don't use "wires" but fiber. Each one not interfering with each other and now almost 50 years later, networking has all the issues of crosstalk, interference and you name it.

20 years or more ago, when my son was working for me in the business, we were networking new construction with internet, Cable TV, TV antenna, Satellite, Telephone, Audio (both wired and fiber), Video and Centralized remote control all intermixed. All in the same networking enclosure with no interference between them. It's like we've gone backwards.

Here's a picture of one our smaller installs. Behind the wall of this enclosure was a rack with the major equipment components.

img1.jpg.36fed574a4c0a25ad53b4db391ba078a.jpg

Edited by Guest

Aibudo

You are the man with the knowledge and I must respect your 20 years experience in this field. I am a newbie with some research but I have everything working great after my first time mistake of pairing the color scheme instead of 568B paring.

You know where "knowledge" comes from? Making mistakes, one after the other after the other. Everyone should learn from failure's and you are much smarter today than before. I have a high level of respect for anyone who tries, fails and learns from it. Great job on your part!