jjung0920

HDCVI vs AHD

HDCVI vs AHD

Which one is better? Please let me know

In a nutshell, AHD and HD-CVI are very similar. Please note that in order to achieve megapixel definition monitoring (720P), the AHD cameras also need to work with AHD DVR.

Another opinion question. We have AHD running in our business and the quality appears to be super. CVI is the Dahua product and get's a good bit of press.

I think hd-cvi ,hd-tvi, & ahd are all going to give you a quality video .

I have been told from several sources that hd-tvi had the best quality video but

I really have not noticed much difference in video quality.

I think the real difference is in the dvr capabilities and the amount of product selection .

Hd-cvi records 1080p @30 fps where ahd & tvi specs are sketchy.they say real time recording

@1080p which is 16fps.so if the faster frame rate is something you need ,and you are going with

1080p cams, I think cvi is the better Choice .

it pisses me off when I'm comparing dvr specs and a manufacturer is vague and misleading with

Their specs.most of them do it too.I want 30 fps period.I want the ability to have SOME camera's

To record @30 fps. Especially at parking lot or driveway entrances.extra terrabytes are cheap compared

To the complete investment.

Hd-tvi seems to have the largest selection of camera's, followed by hd-cvi, then ahd.

at least from the supply house I use on long island.

I think it's impossible to say that one format is hands down better than the others .

It's more about

1. Dvr specs that are important to you & your install .

2. proper camera selection and availability.

3. budget

If the format you choose meets these 3 steps , I think you have made the best selection possible !!!

Another opinion question. We have AHD running in our business and the quality appears to be super. CVI is the Dahua product and get's a good bit of press.

If you use a 24" and above Monitor/TV to compare TVI/CVI/AHD DVR you can see that AHD is the worst of these so call HD Analog system but it is cheap though.

I'm getting ready to switch to the TVI system as all I've researched, it's the best next to SDI. That said, I am currently using a 42" TV/Monitor on the AHD system and it looks pretty good.

HDCVI vs AHD

In a nutshell, AHD and HD-CVI are very similar. .

Ryan ,

Please explain how ahd & cvi are similar and how tvi is different from them

Thanks

Both are super cheap and will produce similar images today. If you are an installer/dealer I would pick the technology the majors companies are picking. Most are going with HD-TVI.

Out of all of them I believe HD-TVI will be the first to make 4K recorders and accept up to 8MP cameras. 500meter transmission is a plus but I rarely transmit that far. I just purchased 720P HD-TVI bullet camera in metal housing for $24 and 1080P for $35. Most of the cheaper cameras are plastic and that does not work for me.

Both are super cheap and will produce similar images today. If you are an installer/dealer I would pick the technology the majors companies are picking. Most are going with HD-TVI.

Out of all of them I believe HD-TVI will be the first to make 4K recorders and accept up to 8MP cameras. 500meter transmission is a plus but I rarely transmit that far. I just purchased 720P HD-TVI bullet camera in metal housing for $24 and 1080P for $35. Most of the cheaper cameras are plastic and that does not work for me.

Your 1080P TVI for $35 uses what CMOS Sensor? Am testing one with Sony IMX322 & another with Aptina AR0230 and was suprised the AR performs better in low light and the 322 only have a slight edge on image resolution.