Moensted

Dahua - Code-stream type

Hi all

First of all, I must say I love this forum. It's nice to see other "nerds"

Usually I see myself as a Dahua "expert", but I'm looking for a solution I have not tried before.

Explanation:

Customer has 2 remote locations with 1 camera each, from which he needs to stream to an NVR at his office. However, he wishes to use a 4G/LTE broadband router, which means it would be expensive as hell to stream continously.

Question:

Is it possible to make the camera stream MD events only, to lower the generel consumption?

I prefer using Dahua cameras, but if there is a better solution I'm up for trying that.

You can lower the bitrate to a minimum for normal, and make it higher for when there is motion.

But the NVR needs to be connected to the camera at all times.

Thank you for your reply.

I've made a quick test and unfortunately it was negative.

Setup:

Dahua NVR4104-P and IPC-HDBW4421

1. Set Code-Stream type of Regular to 1 FPS and lowest BR.

2. Set Code-Stream type of Motion to 20 FPS and normal BR.

The MD recordings were in 1 FPS and not 20 FPS.

Please advice

Don't know the specifics of your camera. If it doesn't allow you to have different configuration on normal and event, then I guess you might be out of luck

Don't know the specifics of your camera. If it doesn't allow you to have different configuration on normal and event, then I guess you might be out of luck

You're probably right. Thanks anyway

You could record locally the cameras (either with the help or a NVR or cards) and "push" the event recordings via FTP to a remote server and notify (e-mail?) that an event has been going on.

There also might a possibility for a custom solution/software that just "subscribes" to the event channel and requests the stream when a motion event occurs. That sort of software can be done, but it's not a "pure" hardware solution.