LesB

ISPY software with my existing DVR setup. Is it possible?

Hi,

I have a system comprised of 4 cameras connected to a h264 dvr. I currently use xmeye to view the output over the net. However, it's so unreliable!! Half the time refuses to log on and sometimes, like today, pressing the log on button after entering the correct user name and password does nothing. Rebooting everything hasn't helped.

Anyway, I came across ISPY software and it looks more sophisticated. So far I have't been able to get it to display pictures from my cameras. Only an empty black box. Is it actually possible or is there an incompatability issue here?

Any assistance gratefully recieved.

Hi,

I have a system comprised of 4 cameras connected to a h264 dvr. I currently use xmeye to view the output over the net. However, it's so unreliable!! Half the time refuses to log on and sometimes, like today, pressing the log on button after entering the correct user name and password does nothing. Rebooting everything hasn't helped.

Anyway, I came across ISPY software and it looks more sophisticated. So far I have't been able to get it to display pictures from my cameras. Only an empty black box. Is it actually possible or is there an incompatability issue here?

Any assistance gratefully recieved.

Ispy charges a monthly fee for remote access and alerts. Look at blue iris http://blueirissoftware.com/

Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at Blue Iris and it looks great but probably overkill for what I want (up to only 4 cameras). Oh, and it's not cheap either.

I'll explain further in case other recommendations come up; I am currently using xmeye but it's unreliable. I haven't been able to get it working for days now. I have a system that has a h264 recorder on the shelf. It has 4 cameras attched and at the moment I view using a web connection. (that's the unreliable bit). I can of course go directly to the DVR and attached monitor to view but mostly I view over the web from my office located 50m away or use my Android phone if away.

Another problem with Blue Iris if I uunderstand correctly is that I can view remotely etc ( if I pay) but the PC it is installed on and connected to the cameras has to be running. So, if I'm away for a week it has to be left on?

I don't actually need to store anything in the cloud as I'm happy with the DVR copy. I just want to connect to the DVR and view from a pc or my Android.

Any further suggestions?

Oh, and it's not cheap either.

Another problem with Blue Iris if I uunderstand correctly is that I can view remotely etc ( if I pay) but the PC it is installed on and connected to the cameras has to be running. So, if I'm away for a week it has to be left on?

Any further suggestions?

1) 59 dollars is SUPER cheap for VMS. Most others charge 50-150+ PER camera

2) Yes you need to leave the pc on, you need to do that with Ispy too. How do you expect to login to the software if the pc is off. Blue iris does not charge extra for remote access and alerts, Ispy does. You will pay a monthly fee in perpetuity that will exceed the cost of blue iris in the first year.

Hi Boogieman,

Thanks again for feedback. It's not a cost thing. I am happy to pay for what I need. I'm just not sure my need is met. I fully understand that if the software is only on the PC then it has to be running. Trouble is I don't like to leave it running if I'm out of the office or country for long periods. However, maybe that's the only option.

I'll have another look at Blue Iris. Do you know if it's a licence for one PC at a time? I mention that because I might want to swap between two machines on site. I have other software that allows multiple PC's providing only one is active at any one time.

As an aside, I would agree that $59 dollars is not bad. However, if I click to buy it sees I'm in the uk and tries to bill for 54.96 GBP. That is not a fair exchange rate!! I don't think any of us like being ripped off.

As an aside, I would agree that $59 dollars is not bad. However, if I click to buy it sees I'm in the uk and tries to bill for 54.96 GBP. That is not a fair exchange rate!! I don't think any of us like being ripped off.

Plus £8 for the remote app.

You don't need to spend money .... You just have to set things up right.

Did you do the full setup when you first switched your dvr up ???

Also did you setup the QR code ?

I thought I set it up ok. It's been running for months. I have used it on my phone ok too using vmeyecloud.

Not sure what you mean about the QR code though.

I thought I set it up ok. It's been running for months. I have used it on my phone ok too using vmeyecloud.

Not sure what you mean about the QR code though.

Hi. If you never did the QR code setup then it's not registered with there cloud and PToP.

Did you do your own port forwarding to get it onto the Internet.

Also try this app is the none cloud one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MEye&hl=en_GB

The price of the remote app is well worth it. It blows away other mobile apps. Even at 54gbp its CHEAP. Make sure you uncheck the download protection option. You are also paying vat or whatever tax they are charging you to get all the "free" stuff the government provides.

You will not get free remote access with ispy. If you want to pay them a monthly fee go ahead. Why are you afraid to leave a pc running?

If you feel 54 gbp is a rippoff, then there is no point in this discussion. Go try to make your dvr work.

Im still trying to understand how paying ispy monthly is going to be cheaper for you.

What you really ought to do is figure out why the dvr is no connecting and/or replace the entire system with a better unit.

The price of the remote app is well worth it. It blows away other mobile apps. Even at 54gbp its CHEAP. Make sure you uncheck the download protection option. You are also paying vat or whatever tax they are charging you to get all the "free" stuff the government provides.

You will not get free remote access with ispy. If you want to pay them a monthly fee go ahead. Why are you afraid to leave a pc running?

If you feel 54 gbp is a rippoff, then there is no point in this discussion. Go try to make your dvr work.

Im still trying to understand how paying ispy monthly is going to be cheaper for you.

You misunderstand me. The software itself isn't necessarily a rip off. However, $59 is currently about £40. Not £54.96 I'm not the only one that gets frustrated by the strange exchange rate applied.

While I have your attention can I ask about the DVR? I want to retain it and use it as it's connected to the cameras and in that respect works ok. Looking at the trial of BI I can't see if it's possible to see the cameras in this arrangement. Is the DVR in the way? Or can BI see the outputs somehow. The dvr is on my network and connected to the internet.

Sorry, but I really appreciate any help I can get.

You misunderstand me. The software itself isn't necessarily a rip off. However, $59 is currently about £40. Not £54.96 I'm not the only one that gets frustrated by the strange exchange rate applied.

While I have your attention can I ask about the DVR? I want to retain it and use it as it's connected to the cameras and in that respect works ok. Looking at the trial of BI I can't see if it's possible to see the cameras in this arrangement. Is the DVR in the way? Or can BI see the outputs somehow. The dvr is on my network and connected to the internet.

Sorry, but I really appreciate any help I can get.

I do undestand you. It is what it is. If you choose not to buy software simply based on the exchange rate that equates to a few dollars, thats stupid. Shooting yourself in the foot. You have not mentioned what dvr your have? BI should be able to see the rtsp stream from the dvr. Honesly if your dvr is analog D1, then replace it and the cameras with IP or at the very least hd over coax.

Does not matter how you look at it £110 inc tax ($200) it an expensive way to get around a simple problem .... And that's just for electronic load it costs more for hard copy.

PSS and dahua apps are free

You only have a setup problem. Blue iris and apps are not needed at all

Does not matter how you look at it £110 inc tax ($200) it an expensive way to get around a simple problem .... And that's just for electronic load it costs more for hard copy.

Where are you getting 110. Its 54+7.

Pss will not work unless the dvr is dahua...OP never said what model he has.

PSS will work it does not have to be dahua.

110 buy time software then hard copy then download protection then app.

But without all that don't you think it's over the top for ops problem

PSS will work it does not have to be dahua.

110 buy time software then hard copy then download protection then app.

But without all that don't you think it's over the top for ops problem

Huh? its NOT 110. He said its 54 and 7. That is 61. You dont need download protection. Regard less its not 50 pounds. You can uncheck it. You can download the software anytime from the website or save it to cd yourself. You need a calculator?

Are you saying that pss will work with any DVR but only with dahua cameras?

Does PSS have a built in webserver for remote access?

Boogieman ...... AGAIN yes PSS will work

And as far as price goes AGAIN ... 60 for software 12 for protection on download then the app then the vat ... Since you have not taken into account it has to be bought from Ireland

So yes I can add up

I can also add up that for a 4 way standalone IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY

Not only it blue iris a waste for him ... So is adding HD space to PC ... Cost of running PC having to set up a ddns or static IP.

We can sort this OP out easy but let's drop the blue iris crap as it's not needed

It's simple PSS for PC ....... If he wants better software than has and dahua app for android or explorer app.

Which is what I surgested in 3rd post ... No problem with that

Time this post got deleted

Time you stopped posting nonsense. I undestand that you want it deleted because it evidences your lack of understanding. PSS is NOT an android app.

I have just said in last post its for PC .... We're did I say it was for android ........ Show me

Just shows all you want to do is fight

Read it again

I said PSS for PC and dahua for android

NOT PSS IS FOR ANDROID

NOW LET IT GO BOOGIEMAN

Hi. Do a second port forward for your recorder to 34667

Then use dahua PSS software on your PC

In your first response to OP you suggested using PSS.

ONLY LATER when I point out that both PSS and blue iris require the pc, you go on about the android app. If all the op needed was a new android app, WHY did YOU not mention it first?

If you dont want to argue just go back to selling and installing analog D1 in 2016.

ONLY LATER when I point out that both PSS and blue iris require the pc, you go on about the android app. If all the op needed was a new android app, WHY did YOU not mention it first?

If you dont want to argue just go back to selling and installing analog D1 in 2016.

Because op talked about I spy and you talked about blue iris ... So I talked about PSS

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49887

I did say first ..... When asked did he set up with QR code

Because op talked about I spy and you talked about blue iris ... So I talked about PSS

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49887

I did say first ..... When asked did he set up with QR code

That is why i mentioned blue iris, genius, because the op mentioned ispy.

So its ok for you to mention pss but not ok to for me to mention blue iris?

Additionally, since you have avoided answering the question multiple times, I will assume that pss does NOT have a webserver. Therefore it would NOT solve the op's original problem. Why would you bring it up?

Yes it has a web server ......... Have you read the post right ?

Op does not want to keep PC on

Op did not set up with QR code so app he is using will keep going off ..... It cloud and he is un registered .... Hence why I sent the no cloud app

But again op would be best doing setup with QR code and using the dahua app and scan

That is the quick fix and the one that goes with his dvr .... And like he said in his post he wants to keep his dvr

So like I said set it up right with QR and it's sorted

Yes it has a web server ......... Have you read the post right ?

Op does not want to keep PC on

Op did not set up with QR code so app he is using will keep going off ..... It cloud and he is un registered .... Hence why I sent the no cloud app

But again op would be best doing setup with QR code and using the dahua app and scan

That is the quick fix and the one that goes with his dvr .... And like he said in his post he wants to keep his dvr

So like I said set it up right with QR and it's sorted

Finally answered the question. Sheesh. This is the first time your replied to my question about the webserver!!!

I did read the post and YOU recommended pss as well. So dont tell me there is a quick fix that doesnt requires a pc, when YOU ALSO recommended a PC based solution in your FIRST reply.