TheUberOverLord

How To Access Your IP Cameras From Linux or a Mac

Just a linux solution; sorry no mac here...

Firefox in Wine works for me on my Mint 17.3 (Mate) field machine.

Use Play-on-Linux to setup a separate environment and install the camera specific web components in the Wine prefix setup for this application.

Depending on the graphics chip set, you may have to deal with some repaint issues.

BTW, the IE9-W7 thing does work great and converts directly to VMWare if your so inclined.

I work with many different IP Camera brands and models due to providing custom interfaces for them. During testing of course. I use the standard web interfaces to these different brands and models of IP Cameras. Which generally include the use of ActiveX.

My experience is that Wine does not always work with all ActiveX interfaces for all brands and models of IP Cameras.

Which is why I went the Windows 7 VM ("Virtual Machine") route vs. yours.

Interested in if anyone has also experienced issues with Wine being able to successfully use their ActiveX interfaces for their IP Camera models.

I use Ubuntu 15.10, so results may vary by what Linux platform and version one uses Wine on as well.

Don

boogieman, Jason, fenderman, Sammy dah Boy and Sparky.

Everything I have stated is truth..

Really!!!. See this. http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=280528#p280528

How's this working out for you? My legal boy.

Update Please!

For others. Please see this link to see what this Forum thread is about: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49894

Don

Ah you have awoken from the dead. This time using your real user name (yes we know it was you unlawfully posting on the other forum because you simply cannot stay away, despite being banned multiple times and told not to return.). Please dont link to your own post which I have already disproved as "evidence". Everything I said is 100 percent accurate and truthful. You have not disproved anything. What a looser. You are infatuated with me. I love it.

Its hilarious that you feel the need to post a link to the first page of a two page thread so folks can see what its about..

I think the mods on this forum should look at your last post as evidence of your instigation. Waking a dead thread (one month old) to quarrel. You need to be banned here as well.

Im loving how you are addicted to me.

boogieman, Jason, fenderman, Sammy dah Boy and Sparky.

Everything I have stated is truth..

Really!!!. See this. http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=280528#p280528

How's this working out for you? My legal boy.

Update Please!

For others. Please see this link to see what this Forum thread is about: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=49894

Don

Ah you have awoken from the dead. This time using your real user name (yes we know it was you unlawfully posting on the other forum because you simply cannot stay away, despite being banned multiple times and told not to return.). Please dont link to your own post which I have already disproved as "evidence". Everything I said is 100 percent accurate and truthful. You have not disproved anything. What a looser. You are infatuated with me. I love it.

Its hilarious that you feel the need to post a link to the first page of a two page thread so folks can see what its about..

I think the mods on this forum should look at your last post as evidence of your instigation. Waking a dead thread (one month old) to quarrel. You need to be banned here as well.

Im loving how you are addicted to me.

Are you referring to ipcambs.com or ipcamtalkbs.com? ("Both real websites")

In any event, it's self documenting ("See my link above"). That you have no concern about any laws and simply choose to ("Try") to destroy Forum threads. The length of this Forum thread which is mostly your babbling posts, clearly shows this.

Please read the "Forum Topic". Your opinion has been shared, ad nauseam. So if you want to contribute to this Forum thread. Please do so by providing links to additional respected sources, that substantiate your fantasies.

Don

You cant explain why you resurrected this dying thread, other than the fact that you are infatuated with me. ;D

You are also hereby on notice to cease and desist using ipcamtalkbs.com to promote your own website.

You have been and remain a petty looser.

You cant explain why you resurrected this dying thread, other than the fact that you are infatuated with me. ;D

You are also hereby on notice to cease and desist using ipcamtalkbs.com to promote your own website.

Please feel free to sue me for whatever you wish. My legal team and I are more than prepared to deal with you. I look forward to making PUBLIC the results!

Don

Edited by Guest

Please feel free to sue me for whatever you wish. I'm more than prepared to deal with you. I look forward to making PUBLIC the results!

Don

You are the one who threatened me with a frivolous lawsuit and your "legal team" which consists of your computer. I dared you to sue me. Like the COWARD you are, you didnt. Any forum member who threatens lawsuits against others should be immediately banned. I hope the mods ban you.

Please feel free to sue me for whatever you wish. I'm more than prepared to deal with you. I look forward to making PUBLIC the results!

Don

You are the one who threatened me with a frivolous lawsuit and your "legal team" which consists of your computer. I dared you to sue me. Like the COWARD you are, you didnt. Any forum member who threatens lawsuits against others should be immediately banned. I hope the mods ban you.

Move on SPARKY!

Stop trying to destroy Forum threads because you have a medical problem.

Don

Don

Move on SPARKY!

Don

Stop posting lies alleging I have a medical problem. That is defamatory. Mods please ban uber.

Don

Move on SPARKY!

Don

Stop posting lies alleging I have a medical problem. That is defamatory. Mods please ban uber.

Please sue me and STOP trashing this thread. For any non-medical reason you would like to use/apply.

Don

Don has implied threats to report me to the state bar...you don't scare me you, has been, rat..You have stooped to a new low. This proves you have no basis for your argument when you need to resort to these kinds of threads. You are a dishonorable disgrace.

I don't need the bars approval to post on forums... Nice try though... You are a disgrace... I will challenge you and your misinformation...

MODS, looks at this fool threatening someones JOB over forum posts. HE NEEDS TO BE BANNED.

Don has implied threats to report me to the state bar...you don't scare me you, has been, rat..You have stooped to a new low. This proves you have no basis for your argument when you need to resort to these kinds of threads. You are a dishonorable disgrace.

I don't need the bars approval to post on forums... Nice try though... You are a disgrace... I will challenge you and your misinformation...

MODS, looks at this fool threatening someones JOB over forum posts. HE NEEDS TO BE BANNED.

Move on please. Because what's next? You claim to be Batman?

viewtopic.php?p=280528#p280528

I quote you:

"You seem to have forgotten that I never threatemed to sue you. You threatened me with your fictitious legal team...you got scared when you found out I'm a lawyer. You need to be banned because you are a litigious moron. Don't ever threaten me ..I will not cower like others you intimidate. To me you are a rat."

Look at my link above. Do you think ANY state Bar would approve of that? Worse you sponsored others as well.

Yet, you're "Hell Bent" on trying to DESTROY this Forum thread. About legal issues for those running Windows. Yet that's NOT got anything to do with this "Forum Topic". Minus that I showed how I did do this with a Windows based system.

Geeze, you're showing the inability of being sane!

Don

Move on please. Because what's next? You claim to be Batman?

viewtopic.php?p=280528#p280528

I quote you:

"You seem to have forgotten that I never threatemed to sue you. You threatened me with your fictitious legal team...you got scared when you found out I'm a lawyer. You need to be banned because you are a litigious moron. Don't ever threaten me ..I will not cower like others you intimidate. To me you are a rat."

Look at my link above. Do you think ANY state Bar would approve of that? Worse you sponsored others as well.

Yet, you're "Hell Bent" on trying to DESTROY this Forum thread. About legal issues for those running Windows. Yet that's NOT got anything to do with this "Forum Topic". Minus that I showed how I did do this with a Windows based system.

Geeze, you're showing the inability of being sane!

Don

Again dont imply a threat to report me to the bar. You dont scare me. You have been proven to be full of it. You need to be banned from this and all other forums are your threats of lawsuits to other members should not be tollerated by the mods.

Also stop giving users suggestions that MAY be software piracy. As I have already demonstrated you have ZERO evidence that this practice is approved my Microsoft.

Also stop giving users suggestions that MAY be software piracy. As I have already demonstrated you have ZERO evidence that this practice is approved my Microsoft.

It is approved by Microsoft ..... So no problem with piracy or licence.

It is approved by Microsoft ..... So no problem with piracy or licence.

No its NOT. Windows 10 is an UPGRADE from 7. Please show me where Microsoft says its allowed or "approved". There is no affirmative indication that you can use the old windows 7 license key. As with all upgrades the general rule is that the original key is no longer valid. Is this the first time you have upgraded software?

Is this the first time you have upgraded software?

Getting personal again are you

Let me educate you and Google if you don't understand

Microsoft and Linux Canonical have been partners for the last 3 months

So again no licence problems

So I stand by my post in saying YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT PIRACY.

Red bull racing is using it now

Is this the first time you have upgraded software?

Getting personal again are you

Let me educate you and Google if you don't understand

Microsoft and Linux Canonical have been partners for the last 3 months

So again no licence problems

So I stand by my post in saying YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT PIRACY.

Red bull racing is using it now

What does the partnership have to do with the issue at hand. You obviously dont understand the issue.

User has windows 7 license, then uses it to upgrade to a FREE win 10 license. The questions is whether the 7 license is still valid. How does the partnership affect this issue?

Guess its time to read the actual thread.

I stand by my post that you are wrong about me being wrong about the piracy.

It's the licence that is given upgrade status. So yes it's still in place for backward compatibility

And that is not piracy

Backwards compatibility? there is a 30 day period where you can revert to 7. You dont get to run dual boot 7 and 10. You need a new 10 or new 7 licence for that, just like almost any other software license where you dont retain the license to the lower version you upgraded from.