Sign in to follow this  
Javik

Fisheye in school hallways?

Has anyone used fisheye cameras in school hallways before?

These may work well in school hallways where you have kids beating each other over the head, taking things from other kids' lockers, whacking the guy in front of them while walking, etc. It's so hard to point a normal box camera in a manner that covers a whole hallway completely.

However, being a fisheye, I expect the side views are going to be a whole lot of nothing of the walls of the hall, wasting pixels on blank walls over the heads of people.

The Hikvision DS-2CD2942F may be a partial solution to wasted pixels, as it apparently has more of an oval fisheye, so it can extend lengthwise along a hallway. But their documentation is very unclear about the fisheye shape.

Also, so far I have not found if any sort of adjustment of the fisheye lens/zoom is possible for this model. I assume the lens is fixed?

I'd rather not have to buy one, to find out how it works.

I think axis has a line of cameras to deal with hallways. I tried another brand in a hallway and the problem was that in this case it was not high enough to give much advantage over putting regular dome cameras looking both ways down a hall.