Sign in to follow this  
arpeus

Remote Viewing w/ DynDNS - Can't connect when on local netwo

Remote Viewing problem! I can't connect/view the servers when I'm connected to the local network.

HIKVISION DVRs, iVMS, and DynDNS (i.e. example.dyndns.org)

Setup

Router

IP: 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server: enabled

DDNS: setup with dydns account, and the example.dyndns.org as the host.

Port Forwarding:

HTTP - 80 / RSTP - 10554 (also tried 554) / SDK 8000 --- These ports are forwarding to the IP address of the DVR (192.168.1.100)

DVR

IP Address: 192.168.1.100

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Preferred DNS: 8.8.4.4

Alternate DNS: 8.8.8.8

Server Port: 8000

HTTP Port: 80

RSTP Port: 10554

iVMS

address: example.dyndns.org

port: 8000

user: admin

password: example

NOW, if I'm on my phone and it's connected the WIFI broadcasted from the same router the DVR is connected to, it will not connect.

If I turn my phone to use data and I'm disconnected from the router, it will connect.

What am I doing wrong?

If your smartphone is connected to the local Wi-Fi use local IP address (192.168.1.100) not the DYNDNS.org. Use the DYDNS when connected outside your network.

Good Luck!

I already have a 'local' and a 'remote' setting on the phone iVMS.

I thought it was just a work around because I was doing something wrong.

Since not being able to connect with dyndns while on my local network is how it's supposed to work, what's the solution when using iVMS on Windows?

If I have a laptop and sometimes I need to view it from my local network, and sometimes Ihave to view it when i'm away, do I need to 'add' the cameras to my live view everytime?

I already have a 'local' and a 'remote' setting on the phone iVMS.

I thought it was just a work around because I was doing something wrong.

Since not being able to connect with dyndns while on my local network is how it's supposed to work, what's the solution when using iVMS on Windows?

If I have a laptop and sometimes I need to view it from my local network, and sometimes Ihave to view it when i'm away, do I need to 'add' the cameras to my live view everytime?

Its not a problem with dyndns...its your router modem/router combo unit. You can replace it with a separate modem and router.

On your local network user your LOCAL ip, problem solved.

On your iVMS software create 2 sites, 1 for local and 1 for remote. Again your problem is solved. lol

I think this might not be so easy with iVMS-4200. I kinda remember that iVMS-4200 doesn't like to have two devices added with the exact same serial number, but different IPs (lan/wan).