I am currently using a Swann NVR8-7250 with 4 Swann bullet cameras.

I recently purchased 4 more cameras from Amazon, Amvrest qCam 3mp POE. I plugged the cameras into the NVR and the system will not recognize them. They power up but I'm unable to view any of them.

Can someone point me in the right direction. I appreciate your help.

Frank

I have the same NVR. I'm just curious, what made you think those new cameras were compatible with with it?

The cameras that come with this NVR are re-branded HikVision DS-2CD2032-I. I think you're going to have to return those 4 cams, and buy some that are compatible. Either the Swann branded ones, or the Hik. You can get the Swann ones from Costco online, the Hiks from many places, such as Amazon. Watch out for Chinese Hiks if you're shopping around for the cheapest price.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a newbie and I thought these cameras would be compatible.

If I order the Hik cameras DS-2CD2032-I from Amazon they will be compatible?

Thanks again.

Yes. They are the identical cameras shipped with that NVR, with the Swann brand name on them. I've added some to mine with no problem.

Make sure to do your own checking before you order. I can tell you for sure they are compatible, but I wouldn't recommend you take one person's word for it online.

Here is Swann's compatibility chart for cameras and NVRs.. of course it lists only their own branded cameras..but it may help your searching to verify. http://www.swann.com/media/swann-camera-compatibility.pdf

I believe the ones that came with my NVR were the SWNHD-835CAM (3MP). I currently have 5 of those and 1 DS-2CD2032-I connected to my NVR8-7250. No problems.

If you decide to get the 2032's, play it safe and make sure to get a US/North American version. There are lots of chinese versions around for less cost...but you may have issues if you decide to upgrade the cam's firmware. Again, do your homework. This forum is FULL of info on all this.