g35 mass

Hikvision from Aliexpress

I know - you can't have both: good quality and low prices. Don't burn me too bad!

Looking to add 3 outdoor bullet cams and I'd like to get Hikvision without lighting my wallet on fire. I understand that graymarket purchases won't come with any warranty or support, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

My question: Are there any fakes out there? If I purchase Hikvision from Aliexpress, will I be getting an actual Hikvision product or may I be getting a fake?

Thanks in advance!

You won't be getting fakes from Ali, but you will be getting Chinese cameras with edited firmware. So if you do buy them, don't update the firmware or you will brick them. It is an involved process to unbrick them.

If you search around, cameras for the western world are available for almost the same price. The ip camera systems from from Costco are either rebranded Hikvision or Dahua, another good brand, and the return policy is great.

You won't be getting fakes from Ali, but you will be getting Chinese cameras with edited firmware. So if you do buy them, don't update the firmware or you will brick them. It is an involved process to unbrick them.

If you search around, cameras for the western world are available for almost the same price. The ip camera systems from from Costco are either rebranded Hikvision or Dahua, another good brand, and the return policy is great.

So they will fully work though with no probs including a chinese hikvision ptz?

Just don't upgrade firmware?