gradstudent

Advice needed on PoE cameras and system for training clinic

I’m a clinical psychology graduate student and I’m hoping someone might be able to offer some advice on a PoE camera/DVR or NVR setup that would work well in our training clinic. We are hoping to setup a 5 camera PoE system (one camera in each of our 5 clinic training rooms). The purpose of the cameras would be to record therapy sessions for later supervision (so not security). As such though we need to be able to record both audio and video so we can hear what is said during the sessions.

Our basic requirements:

- 5 cameras capable of recording both audio and video, preferably in 1080p, and as discrete as possible (not a huge unit/an eyesore)

- An DVR or NVR (1-2TB) to store the recordings on (we do not want to use a wifi system/enable remote viewing so as to avoid potential security issues since the videos are confidential)

- An ability to easily export video clips (preferably in avi or some other non-proprietary format)

- Trying to stay within $1100 total

I was thinking a PoE system would be best because it would allow audio/video/power all through the one cable (Correct? I’ve had trouble finding how/if audio is able to be sent via PoE systems, so I’m not positive).

I’ve been looking around on these forums and I think the following cameras would work and have built-in microphones, can anyone confirm?:

Dahua IPC-HDW4300C

Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS

If the above cameras do record audio and video are there any recommendations as to which is best? I’m leaning towards the Duhua because it seems to be a quality brand and is slightly more affordable. Further, if someone could recommend a DVR or NVR to pair with these cameras, I’d greatly appreciate it! I just want to make sure that all the components will work together smoothly.

If the cameras do not have built-in mics, can someone please recommend a good PoE camera (that does have a built-in mic) and DVR or NVR combo?

Sorry for all the questions, and I appreciate any advice offered. We are on a very limited budget, so we are looking to try and find a decent system that we can install ourselves to keep costs down.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered! I hope I’ve included enough information about our requirements to make some good recommendations, but if I can clarify anything just let me know!

we did a training room at a hosiptal using an AXIS camera with a built in microphone and it worked well. It has been a couple of years so you will have to check current model numbers.

http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Products_accessries_10510_i7599.html

I'd consider the Hikvision cubes.

They are POE

They have decent sound

SD card for local recording

Can be surface mounted or wall mounted.

Don't generally look like security cameras when mounted on a shelf etc

Can be wifi

The IR and PIR work well

Different lense configurations available

I like these because you can move them around. Easy to detach and put in a drawer.