Sign in to follow this  
traderjay

How to use Avigilon Mobile Client to view camera remotely?

Hello Again CCTV wizards here - it was remarkably warm for the last day of a leap year February in Canada here with temperature reaching 59F @_@. I took the opportunity and spent the day installing my first Avigilon 2MP PTZ Camera and damn while it looks easy, it was quite an effort to do a neat install job. Hats off to all of you guys who do this for a living Will share some pictures with you guys here after the snow storm passes but for the past few days I've been messing around with the trial version of Avigilon Standard Server before buying the final license from our good ole buddy here Alek.

I also installed the Gateway software and Avigilon mobile client on my android phone. When I am in the local network, I can simply enter the server's IP address in the mobile client gateway and the camera video will be displayed. How can I configure this for remote access over the internet? I am using a DDNS service from no-ip.com since I use remote desktop frequently but I've no clue on how to configure the Avigilon gateway for remote access? The Avigilon server and gateway are running in the same system btw.

Some help and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Again CCTV wizards here - it was remarkably warm for the last day of a leap year February in Canada here with temperature reaching 59F @_@. I took the opportunity and spent the day installing my first Avigilon 2MP PTZ Camera and damn while it looks easy, it was quite an effort to do a neat install job. Hats off to all of you guys who do this for a living Will share some pictures with you guys here after the snow storm passes but for the past few days I've been messing around with the trial version of Avigilon Standard Server before buying the final license from our good ole buddy here Alek.

I also installed the Gateway software and Avigilon mobile client on my android phone. When I am in the local network, I can simply enter the server's IP address in the mobile client gateway and the camera video will be displayed. How can I configure this for remote access over the internet? I am using a DDNS service from no-ip.com since I use remote desktop frequently but I've no clue on how to configure the Avigilon gateway for remote access? The Avigilon server and gateway are running in the same system btw.

Some help and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Call me

THANKS all for the help! Especially ak357 who walked me through via teamviewer 2 cameras are up and 1 more Avigilon PTZ to go! Honestly without this wonderful forum, I might just end like the 99% of the consumers out there buying "toy" cameras for my home security haha...

On 3/5/2016 at 11:52 PM, traderjay said:

THANKS all for the help! Especially ak357 who walked me through via teamviewer 2 cameras are up and 1 more Avigilon PTZ to go! Honestly without this wonderful forum, I might just end like the 99% of the consumers out there buying "toy" cameras for my home security haha...

Good morning, could you help me? how did you do? I need to remotely connect the Avigilon cameras to my cell phone? 

1. Is it necessary to make a configuration in the Internet Modem?
2. Do I need a DDNS type?

On 3/2/2016 at 12:59 AM, ak357 said:

Call me

Good morning, could you help me? how did you do? I need to remotely connect the Avigilon cameras to my cell phone? 

1. Is it necessary to make a configuration in the Internet Modem?
2. Do I need a DDNS type?