cavcom

Hikvision Nvr port forwarding question

I am unable to get the the nvr to connect to the Hik Ddns , I have ports 80,8000,10554 forwarded and am able to view remotely by using the IP address. Am I missing a port for the Hik-Ddns or something else wrong?

Thanks in advance

Tried doing it from the nvr and after that failed I went into my Hik-online account and tried to add it by serial number and it gave me a error something like device is not on the network, but yet I can bring up internet explorer and type in the static ip from my house and sign into unit, that what made me think I missed a port.

Tried doing it from the nvr and after that failed I went into my Hik-online account and tried to add it by serial number and it gave me a error something like device is not on the network, but yet I can bring up internet explorer and type in the static ip from my house and sign into unit, that what made me think I missed a port.

Make sure that enter DNS entry on your NVR

Can you be more specific I'm not understanding what you mean?

Thank you

Can you be more specific I'm not understanding what you mean?

Thank you

I got it I did not have the dns server set to 8.8.8.8

Thanks again

I got it I did not have the dns server set to 8.8.8.8

Thanks again

U welcome

very common lately with my customers

They forget to setup DNS entry