Hi to all members, I'm a newbie and know not so much of electronics serving all my career in heavy power engineering. My specific question is "where can one purchase spares or schematic/fault finding manual for a DVR"? My specific model is an RS-CAD-9108H. I think mine got a touch of lightening and to have it repaired I think I may as well buy a new one. I think is just the main board that got whacked as the alarm is beep beeping a the relay is chattering somewhat Obviously there is no video output.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction either with a test meter and soldering iron or cash in hand

Best Regards

If it was lighting, everything is probably affected in some way. That being said, and if was in fact lightning, you need to just replace it.

I've never known a standalone DVR/NVR to have replacement parts readily available for it no matter how much you spent. Let me rephrase that slightly. I've never known them to have replacement parts outside of the country that they're manufactured in. That being said, if you actually manage to find the part(s) you need, it may take a very long time to get them, and the shipping rates might be ugly.