high_voltage

Decoding IP camera feed to HD-SDI

I'm thinking about buying the Bosch MIC7000 but I need to be able to decode the signal to HD-SDI with a BNC connector. I see that the VideoJet3000 decoder only has HD from a HDMI connector the BNC is only analog. What else could I use to decode? I heard that people you Teradek Cube decoders in RTSP mode.

I need the distance 4 or 5Km away from the controller, then the month after it could be 100Km away, it's not for surveillance but for a documentary. I could use an HD-SDI cam and put an encoder but that increases my chances of having and extra piece of gear crashing on me. And I need something that's extremely good in low light. What would you recommend for a HD cam, with housing, defogger etc...

Is the current plan to try and stream 1080P video over the WAN to a decoder at your location? Any reason you can't use a RTSP stream directly from the camera or import a .AVI file directly to whatever production software you a using?

Correct, the plan is to stream the HD video over WAN back to my studio. I could use the RTSP feed for viewing I guess, I could use VLC for that. As far as capturing a RTSP live onto a computer I have no idea what I could use. Reason why I would like a feed on a BNC is that all my recording equipment is HD-SDI IN. I'm new the whole IP camera thing but I've been doing video editing for a few years now and I'm trying to merge the two together now that video over IP is very good quality wise and the setup is not even comparable to the installation of a housing with RS-232 etc...

Would the VideoJet3000 exactly do that?

Bosch MIC7000 Supports ONVIF. So in theory you could use any ONVIF supported NVR to do recording and also connect a monitor to view.

It should also comes with a video client software that allows you to do recording on your PC as well.

The Decoder from Bosch videojetdecoder3000 doesn't come with a HD-SDI output. Only HDMI and BNC(SD).

You could just get a HDMI to HD-SDI convertor such as this to convert the signal to HD-SDI and input to your recording system. http://www.sct.com.tw/SDI02.html

You could also source a 3rd party ONVIF decorder with a HD-SDI output as well, but do note my experience with ONVIF is not all ONVIF are the same. You might need some tinkering to get it working, or not at all, or won't even be able to get it to work or work at full feature that the camera is capable of.

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=ONVIF+Decoder+with+HD-SDI+output

I think you should have some compelling reason why you want to convert to HD-SDI input for your own recording system, otherwise, recording it directly using the client software should be the easiest.

Awesome that pretty much answers all my questions!!! I have a few Blackmagic HDMI to SDI kicking around and actually they are pretty good for the price. How much are those SDI02 are?

I will be looking for those ONVIF to HD-SDI boxes

Thanks

I was playing with that one yesterday http://geniusvision.net/community.html Bosch are supposed to send me a RTSP link so I could check a demo of the MIC7000

I tried multiple times to pull a RTSP feeds on VLC and it's not very friendly but VLC is great overall mostly for MpegTS streams. By the way any IP cameras that do MpegTS on the market that's comparable to the MIC7000 in low light?