autolifeperth

hikvison nvr keeps changing motion detect settings!

hiya peeps!

im using a Hikvision DS-7104NI-SL NVR along with 4 hikvision cameras , various models

the issue im having is when i set the cameras to motion detect EXPERT mode , the NVR changes ALL of the camers back to NORMAL mode and i get too many hits on the motion detection

is there any way to STOP the NVR modifying my Cameras motion detect settings , i have even tried turning off motion detect on the NVR and it turns it off on the cameras aswell!!!

its driving me nuts

help would be appreciated thanks!

I'm under the impression that when you link your cameras to your NVR, you ultimately turn control of those cameras over to the NVR. Meaning most of the time (I think), the NVR dictates the cameras actions based on NVR settings and not necessarily what the cameras are set to. At the very least, I've found this to be the case a lot of the time when it comes to standalone recorders.

On another note, if you don't like all of the false positives you're getting during motion detection, why not lower the sensitivity settings or shade out the problem areas...or have you?

yeah the nvr has pretty much taken control of the cameras but i dont want it to do that

i have already shaded areas i dont want motion to detect but the nvr can only set sensitivity to 0 or 20,40,60 etc and 20 looks like to be too sensitive!

You might want to check if you can make the NVR connect to the cameras with a non administrator account so that it can not change any settings. I don't think it will work, but it is worth a try.

good idea

ill give it a try ... so far i have managed to make it behave by turning off motion detect on each camera in the nvr , then turning it back on via the cameras themselves , so far the nvr hasnt changed them back to normal mode motion but will setup non admin accounts on the cameras if it plays silly again

You might want to check if you can make the NVR connect to the cameras with a non administrator account so that it can not change any settings. I don't think it will work, but it is worth a try.

Update - Thanks to Securame , this method/fix worked like a charm , i created user accounts on all the cameras with no access to settings except video stream and all my motion settings have not changed since this morning !

thanks again!