CIRCUIT BREAKER

WIFI CAMERA NO WIFI CAN YOU HELP?

I have IP cameras that I would like to view on my home computer. I have several routers not being used. I do not wish to view remotely. I want everything wireless. Nothing to use the internet. I read somewhere how to do this but now can not find the info. Somehow you gave the router a false address, no matter what because you are not really useing the address anyway. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know. I really need step by step info. I don't know much about what I am trying to do. Thanks in advance.

Wayne

CIRCUIT BREAKER,

Thanks for your first post.

You want everything wireless. Are your ip cameras wireless?

If so, you need to connect them with a cable first. Use any patch cord, and connect the camera to your home network. DHCP should find the camera, and assign an IP address. Using that ip addr, surf to the camera with your browser. Then configure the camera for you home WiFi network (define the SSID and your WiFi security key).

If your home IP address range is very different than the default IP address of the cam, the steps above come later. ie: you'll need to change the camera's default IP address to be "reachable" on your home network.

You lost me with give "the router a false address, no matter what because you are not really useing the address anyway"

Everything on your network needs an address. You "have IP cameras that I would like to view on my home computer". To do that naturally requires a true ip address that is compatible with your home network. To view the cam on a PC requires the camera have an ip addr.

Hope that helps,