sijaz

720p or 1080p cameras for Hikvision 7200 series DVR?

Does the the Hikvision 7200 series DVR (HD-TVI) take advantage of 1080p cameras? Or stick with 720p camera?

Example cameras: Hikvision DS-2CE56C5T-VFIT3 (720p) vs. Hikvision DS-2CE56D5T-VFIT3 (1080p)

DVR: Hikvision DS-7216HGHI-SH

Thanks for the reply. What does the fps really mean....does it mean that 1080p video image will be higher quality but the recording will be "choppy"? Also, can I mix 1080p and 720p cameras using the same DVR?

FPS = frames per second, images per second.

720p = 1280x720 = 1 megapixel

1080p = 1920x1080 = 2 megapixel

If you record at 1080p, you will get double the resolution, but half the images per second.

Yes, you can mix 1080p and 720p.

you can mix and match depending on your needs. 720P will work for general coverage and will save you $$. 1080P is ideal for areas you need more detail. 12FPS is still good recording frame rate so don't feel you need to record in real-time.

I just picked up some 720P HD-TVI cameras for under $20 from ALIBI. Any HD-TVI will work on this DVR.

Thanks for your opinion. I bought bought both 720 and 1080 Hikvision Turbo HD cameras. Honestly, the image is basically the same. I suggest not wasting your money on 1080 as those cameras cost almost twice as much.

720p and 1080p cannot produce the same image quality try checking your camera settings again you will find a huge difference in the image quality.