sijaz

Power supply question....how many AMPS needed?

Hi, doing first time install. A mix of 16 Hikvision 720p and 1080p HD-TVI cameras using a Hikvision 7200 series DVR. I believe the 720p cameras are 12v while the 1080p cameras as dual voltage (12v and 24v).

I believe I should get a 12vDC power supply, but I see many options for AMPS. 10AMP, 12AMP, even 29AMP. I'm leaning towards the 29AMP, 12vDC like the one linked below. Will this work? Any other specific recommendations for power supply?

http://www.amazon.com/InstallerCCTV-Output-Distributed-Supply-Security/dp/B00BBKCJ16/ref=cm_sw_em_r_sdptod_Oic8wb1131PF4_tt

their should be a specks on the camera docs that will tell you the wattage required that info and knowing what kind of voltage drop in your wire run will tell you what power supply you should need.

Thanks guys. One question. These cameras by Hikvision are listed as either requiring 5w or 7w. Amp needs are not given but all owner supplies list total Amps and Amps per channels. Am I right to use Amps = Watts divided by Volts to figure out Amps needed?

So in my case, 16 cameras would need a power supply of at least 8 Amps, and 1 Amp per channel (12v)? I will use 18/2 standard cable with runs under 200 feet.

The majority of Hikvision TurboHD cameras require 4W to 5W @12VDC or 0.33A to 0.42A @12VDC.

Some cameras with 24V option require 6W to 7W @24V.

Also some cameras with heater/long range IR options require 12W to 20W @24V.

A power supply with individual led and resettable fuse per channel is recommended.

If your cable runs are very long or heaters are required, a 24V power supply is recommended to minimize voltage drops.

If your cameras require 5W @12V or 0.42A @12V.

16 cameras X 0.42 = 6.7A Total

A power supply with 8.0 A capacity or larger is OK...