rory

To all Bar and Night Club Owners/Managers ..

Does anyone have any links for Liquor Measuring Register systems, with the pourers? There is a large market for it here and I have the inside connections here, want to know what else is out there besides what the clients are currently using.

Thanks

Rory

hi rory,l have the berg system in my college bar it really does tighten things up on the liquor cost etc however it can be expensive to install.l would reccommend for a hotel/ niteclub situation,as the percieved pour of liquor in a college bar does not go down too well so l have stopped using it! if you need more info let you know!

Please .. yeah i was looking at that easy pour one also .. the client is using Azbar currently ...

Thanks

basically rory,l have 2 donut rings that the bottles have to pass through in order for the liquor to pour(magnetic pouring spouts) this l use for premium off the shelf liquor.l also have 2 liquor guns that have a total of 16 liquors that can be poured from a touch of a button,and can be programmed to pour ****tails and different amounts based on the 16 liquors.The liquor is stored on racks in the baseement and pumped up through the gun

the system can be interfaced with a register or pos system ie you can pour the liquor and it will automatically ring in the amount that was poured(no stealing).and you can customise your daily reports usage reports etc at the end of each shift or day whichever you prefer.

Personally for a high volume college bar it slowed us down a bit ie waiting for a gun etc however if l was to buy something similar again they have wireless free pour systems that are very reliable and much less expensive,that way people think there not getting a portioned pour!!

and you get liquor pour accountability from your bartenders and there are less things to go down re. equipment etc pumps programming issues.

The hotels will definately be able to budget for such a system(berg) ie $30k however l would not propose this for other local bars etc l would use the wireless system!!

l will sell you mine if you like http://www.captoninc.com/

well the thing is, they want $7K a register for the updated systems to the ones he has now .. the ones he has now are from the 80's .. he has 2 night clubs and a partner with anothr night club .. and they both have a ton of these .. thing is, he has more than the rep for the current system has down here ..

Basically i need a way to set him up as a rep for a product down here so I an make some money off it AS really i would be the one doing the work .

Liquor Measuring Register systems don't work in general if a customer can drive down the road a bit and not have to deal with a controlled pour.

The customers always find out if there is a controlled pour and the bartenders will just give them doubles in order to get their tips and keep the customer.

Now if you have a booming business like the club where your at Rory, a controlled pour will work because there is no competition. Also in SF1964's case, he has a college bar which I assume is real popular and people will deal with the controlled pour because they have no choice if they want to stay at his place.

I don't recommend a controlled pour system in a neighborhood bar as the customer will drive right down the street and you'll lose their business.

i know, personally id never buy a liquor drink from them myself .. my taste is pretty strong but somehow they make alot of money off the systems .. guess its the atmosphere they're selling ..

PS Jasper the new club is totally different from the other one also, its an "older" peoples club .. easy music, jazz, bahamian music .. etc .. should be interesting

i know, personally id never buy a liquor drink from them myself .. my taste is pretty strong but somehow they make alot of money off the systems .. guess its the atmosphere they're selling ..

PS Jasper the new club is totally different from the other one also, its an "older" peoples club .. easy music, jazz, bahamian music .. etc .. should be interesting

An older peoples club, yep, that's where we would go. I look forward to hearing more about this new place.

sf1964, after reviewing that link you provided it seems like that system is a monitoring system rather that a pour control system (my mistake), which might work out in a neighborhood bar, if it is not cost prohibitive?

Can you PM me and let me know around how much you would want for the system you want to sell and what is included for the price?

Thanks.

hi jasper,it is a liquor control system and monitoring system, but mainly control as yopu can program different price levels and portions as needed ie. happy hour $2.00/drink and 7/8oz pour of alcohol and then it will change at 8.00pm and pour 1oz of liquour and the price will change to say $3.00/drink (just an example).All this is done in the software that tells the guns and donuts what to pour(no overpouring, consistant drink pours etc.Like l said l had this system(still do)installed and used it for about a year however the perception people have like you guys said is "your not getting a full or large drink" so l have all this equipment that l no longer are using ie liquor racks pumps 2x 16 liquor guns and 2 donut rings these are all interfaced with my registers ie automatically rings up and displays on the register without touching the register(you dont have to worry about drinks not being rang up).

Like l said for niteclubs/hotels this berg system is by far more flexible than the other ones linked in previous post, and l would definately reccommend, however l would use something like the wireless free pour monitoring system from capton,l have seen it used and it works very well but you have to buy new pourers after 3 years(repeat business!!)you use the pourers like a normal pourer but everything is being measured so you know good staff/thieves etc.

just my experience and my 2 cents hope this helps!!

ps.jasper l just realised you think l have the capton system, l actually have the berg system!!!

l actually paid 30k for the system l will sell it for 5k if you want it or no someone who wants it l can give you the berg installers name and number they will do any install and travel!!http://www.totalsystemscontrol.com/Berg_LIQ.htmthis is the system l have.

I will let some people know about the Berg system and see if there is any interest? Most people I know don't use those type of systems, but there might be a place where it would work. They work good in Restaraunt Bars.

Maybe you should advertise the Berg unit in a Trade journal or online somewhere?

Yeah, I was hoping to get more information and pricing on the Capton system. If you have any information you can share with me before I contact them I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

do you have registers, etc, for the berg system also ..?

I tried to email EasyPour using their email on the site and it came back

Ill try the Capton one but I imagine thats expensive as $$

thanks ..

there are a few registers that interface one notably being the samsung registers,l happen to have 2 linux based touch screens from "tec" that interfaced with the system,extremely reliable (never gone down).

the capton system runs about $50.00/pourer plus $1200.00 approx for the reciever and $2-300 for antenna l cant remember exactly where l put the quote from the main distributor, but thats what l remember give or take a few dollars.so for 60 bottles it comes in at around$4500.00 and you get software with that for usage etc.