tming77

PoE Switch can't power up the IP Camera

Anyone know why my PoE switch cannot power up the IP camera? All cat wire was not more than 10 meters.

What is the meaning for "1/2+3/6-" ?

Newbies here ... hope can get some knowledge from here

thanks!

P_20160329_105919.jpg.df577ac2880154174c8d0c58acfa4674.jpg

P_20160329_105904.jpg.5c075ad55d28716564a49aaf4ce487f3.jpg

is it powering up other cameras but not one camera? Take the camera down and connect to the switch using a short cat5. Did you make the cat5 cable or was it a premade cable? When making a cat5 cable, I have put the wires into the head in the wrong order, thus making the cable the culprit.

is it powering up other cameras but not one camera? Take the camera down and connect to the switch using a short cat5. Did you make the cat5 cable or was it a premade cable? When making a cat5 cable, I have put the wires into the head in the wrong order, thus making the cable the culprit.

i plug in 6 cameras but all cannot be power up. I do make 2 short cat 5 and others was premade. same results all cannot be power up

This is a garbage switch and I can't even find the specs of it online. Most POE switch has power limits per port, and a total power output for all ports combined. What camera do you have and do you know its power consumption?

The 1/2+ & 3/6- indicate the positive voltage is being delivered on pins 1/2 (orange/white) and the negative voltage is being delivered on pairs 3/6 (green/white).

Try using a switch that powers pairs 4/5 & 7/8. (Blue & Brown pairs). The switch you're using may be proprietary to some other equipment (e.g. Engenius does this crap).

See "pinouts" chart here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_over_Ethernet

On the other hand, the POE on that dinosaur switch you have could be DOA...

Even if the switch is capable of supplying that amount of current (does seem unlikely), chances are whatever external power supply you using definitely can't. What does it take, a 52V 2.3A+ supply? Probably need 2.5-3.0A in reality.