videoVIP

Any HIK installers here?

I've been installing HIK for over a year now, but recently came upon an issue that I can't figure out, and their website/manual doesn't address.

NVR is a DS-7716NI-SP/16 with f/w 3.3.6. Camera is a DS-2CD2142FWD-IS with f/w 5.3.

NVR is located in Bldg. A. Camera is located in Bldg. B.

Bldg. A & B are connected via fiber-optic cable, switch to switch.

Camera is powered by a POE injector and plugged in to Bldg. B switch.

NVR is configured properly and plugged in to Bldg. A switch.

NVR/SADP sees the camera, but cannot add the camera to live view (Clicking the "+" button indicates "No more IP Cameras allowed").

I've changed the camera IP address to match the internal NVR camera IP's.

Can't get the remote camera to connect...

NVR/SADP sees the camera, but cannot add the camera to live view (Clicking the "+" button indicates "No more IP Cameras allowed").

Well, that message should give you a good hint. It has nothing to do with the IP address of the camera.

You have either used all the channels or bandwidth on the NVR. If you do have channels left (16), then you should probably check the bitrates on all the existing cameras, and lower them if needed in order to be able to add more.

Well, that message should give you a good hint. It has nothing to do with the IP address of the camera.

You have either used all the channels or bandwidth on the NVR. If you do have channels left (16), then you should probably check the bitrates on all the existing cameras, and lower them if needed in order to be able to add more.

I have only one other camera plugged (directly) in to this 16-channel NVR.

Can you connect to the camera with web browser correctly from building A?

This is a 16ch POE port unit; maybe you need to disable one of the POE channels before you add a camera that is on the network, or otherwise the 16ch might be "used" by the POE ports.

I attempted to delete/disable the unused ports to "make room" for the remote cam, but there does not seem to be a way to do this.

I didn't attempt connecting to the camera as it's appearing on the NVR and on SADP...just won't let me add it.

You have a 16 way NVR with 16 ports of POE on the rear, as default is assumes the 16 cameras will all use those POE ports so you need to 'edit' a port and change it from 'Automatic' to 'manual' and enter the details for the appropriate IP camera you have in Building B.

286843_1.jpg

Thats the edit button but I cant find a pic oif the settings in there. But thats the place you need to be looking.

So...found this on the HIK site: http://overseas.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2015-06-10/5be170a6-a413-42e6-b0f5-fd1fc260257a.pdf

This is basically my situation. I am connecting the camera to a "remote" POE switch.

Followed the instructions on the Technical Bulletin, including connecting a patch cord from the NVR port to the switch. Camera came right up.

Here's where it gets weird: Followed the instructions for cameras 2 & 3 (in two other remote buildings), and they came up WITHOUT connecting a patch cord.

I disconnected the patch cord from Cam 1, and it killed it. Cam 1 needs the patch cord connected to the NVR port, while cams 2 & 3 do not.

Confusing, but it's working, so who am I to argue...

Thanks, all.

So...found this on the HIK site: http://overseas.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2015-06-10/5be170a6-a413-42e6-b0f5-fd1fc260257a.pdf

This is basically my situation. I am connecting the camera to a "remote" POE switch.

Followed the instructions on the Technical Bulletin, including connecting a patch cord from the NVR port to the switch. The camera came right up.

Here's where it gets weird: Followed the instructions for cameras 2 & 3 (in two other remote buildings), and they came up WITHOUT connecting a patch cord.

I disconnected the patch cord from Cam 1, and it killed it. Cam 1 needs the patch cord connected to the NVR port, while cams 2 & 3 do not.

Confusing, but it's working, so who am I to argue...

Thanks, all.

Not really confusing

Your cam 2 and 3 getting connected using cam 1 patch cable

Not really confusing

Your cam 2 and 3 getting connected using cam 1 patch cable

Cam 1 dies, but 2 & 3 stay running with patch cable disconnected...??

The only other patch cord is the network cable that's feeding the NVR (it has a single NIC).