gillabis76

With Power but No Video Camera Problem

Hi Guys,

Good day.

I've googling for how many days now looking for a schematic diagram of cctv camera, i am trying to understand how camera works before i attempt to repair my 16 cameras, all have the same problem. WITH POWER BUT NO VIDEO i can tell that it is powering because the LED is lighting up when i cover it. can anyone pls help with this, i cant proceed without understanding fully the step by step process of the camera and if any of you guys have a tutorial or video in repairing cctv cameras, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Gil

CCTV Tech. Support

Philippines

Well... If 16 cameras do the same, I will take a guess; the cameras are fine, the problem is with the power supply.

The fact that the led lights up does not mean that it is supplying the right voltage.

Hi Sir.

Thank you so much for your reply.

I tried using different power supply, yet not display coming out.

Thanks.

Hi have the cameras ever worked ???

16 to go down at same time

Have you tried cameras individual on a other monitor

Does your gui show on monitor from recorder

Are your camera comparable with recorder

Following up with tomcctv's last comment/question. Did you replace the original DVR with a new one? Have run into this when the camera's are a different format than the DVR. Have also had an issue where the DVR fails and video is no longer processed. If the camera's are standard analog, then hook one of them up to a TV or monitor with a video (yellow) input jack and see what the response is there. If the camera's are of the HD analog type of SD/CVI/AHD or TVI, then the TV/monitor won't process the video. Give us more info as to the make/model of the camera's and DVR.