mudcow007

DVR - no video - install quicktime?

Hello all

Just installed a DVR (or is it a NVR?) in my loft with 2 cameras connected via baluns

I'm unsure of the model of recorder as its unbranded - can have a look inside at the board if that helps?

Any-ways, i have connected it to the network in my house and can access the web interface-ish

I cant view any recorded video from the interface nor live video, I have tried with both Firefox and IE11 (with active X turned on etc..)

when I log into the interface im given a dialogue box saying "Select the video stream to play - Auxiliary Video Main Video" choosing any brings up the message "The Quicktime player is needed. Do you want to download"

if you select ok it takes to a dead apple page.

I have installed quicktime but still no good

any ideas please?

thanks

just to add, I have just pulled the hard drive from the DVR an it has been recording, so it seems its just the interface im struggling with

thanks

just a quick update, i have connected a mouse to the DVR an monitor via a vga cable, I have been able to get to the admin logon but cant go any further

the web interface password is still the default admin/123456 but the local log on im unable to do anything with (it bombs with password incorrect)

I have tried to identify the box but been unable to so far anyone help?

286993_1.jpg

286993_2.jpg

286993_3.jpg

286993_4.jpg

admin

NULL

no password just enter username and click login?

If none of these work it might be worth powering off the DVR and unplugging it then opening the cover, removing any small watch battery(s) you can see - plug it back in and start the system up for about one minute, then again shut it down and unplug and add the battery(s) back in.