synon

Need camera recommendation for home observatory

Hoping some of you knowledgeable folks can make some recommendations for me on a camera to get. I have a home observatory about 25ft from my house I'd like to keep watch over. The observatory is open all night (I'm an astrophotographer and it takes pictures while I sleep) so night vision is a requirement and it must be an outdoor camera OR have some kind of protective enclosure since blowing rain and snow may still get to it. Wireless is not a requirement, I have a box of CAT5e and would prefer a camera that takes advantage of power over ethernet (I have an injector already) that would simplify things a lot. Camera does not need to move or pan or anything like that. An interface to a computer for motion sensing or recording would be nice. I also have a hard drive on my network if that an option for video recording storage. I work in IT so I know plenty about networking, but zilch about security cameras. Any help would be appreciated, or if more information is needed let me know what would help narrow down the choices.

Budget?

A few hundred dollars maybe (certainly won't complain if it's less), I'm not even sure what the ranges are for this kind of equipment.

Is it safe to assume all the ebay cameras direct from china are crap?

What is the night-time lighting like near the observatory?

Do you have any street lighting or motion lights installed nearby?

What is the night-time lighting like near the observatory?

Do you have any street lighting or motion lights installed nearby?

There is a street light about 150 feet away, thankfully it has a shroud that points most of the light down. There are no motion lights near the observatory, the only other light source would be the back porch lights from my neighbors behind me.