johnnythomo

Swann security system - PC CPU running at 90%

Newby here…. Hi all. Just a quick question regarding High CPU usage.

The Camera system I have setup is a local standalone system not connected to the internet. I have 3 NVR's connected to a network switch which is connected to a dedicated PC... from there I display 14 cameras on a 75" Television.

I don’t do any recordings it is only live view for plant operators.

The PC is dedicated only for the cameras and when I look at task manager, swannview plus (camera managing software) is the only program running with a CPU usage of 80%-90%. I need to get the CPU usage down as I would like to install 8 more cameras.

PC specification is: Dell intel core I5-4590 CPU @3.3GHz. 16GB memory with a 4GB GeForce 730 video card.

NVR specs : 3 X Swann NVR-87090 & 14 x NHD-835 Cameras

12 port Cisco Network switch

75” HI sense ultra HD TV

I was thinking that the CPU should not process much as it should only pass the live images through.

Is there a setting in the swannview plus software that needs to be set or in the NVR’s itself?

I have disabled all recordings

Could it possibly be that it’s the TV that causes the CPU to run this high? If so what can be done?

Newby here…. Hi all. Just a quick question regarding High CPU usage.

The Camera system I have setup is a local standalone system not connected to the internet. I have 3 NVR's connected to a network switch which is connected to a dedicated PC... from there I display 14 cameras on a 75" Television.

I don’t do any recordings it is only live view for plant operators.

The PC is dedicated only for the cameras and when I look at task manager, swannview plus (camera managing software) is the only program running with a CPU usage of 80%-90%. I need to get the CPU usage down as I would like to install 8 more cameras.

PC specification is: Dell intel core I5-4590 CPU @3.3GHz. 16GB memory with a 4GB GeForce 730 video card.

NVR specs : 3 X Swann NVR-87090 & 14 x NHD-835 Cameras

12 port Cisco Network switch

75” HI sense ultra HD TV

I was thinking that the CPU should not process much as it should only pass the live images through.

Is there a setting in the swannview plus software that needs to be set or in the NVR’s itself?

I have disabled all recordings

Could it possibly be that it’s the TV that causes the CPU to run this high? If so what can be done?

are you viewing the pc remotely using remote access software?

Hi Boogieman. No the system is on its own little network so the pc can only be access locally

What i mean is are you viewing the system from a monitor attached to the pc, or using something like teamviewer as well as the local tv.

Also, does the software allow you to choose between displaying the substream/mainstream?

yes I am viewing the system from a tv attached to the PC (see picture attached)

Yes the software allows me to choose between sub or main stream

* some more info - the network traffic indicated by the software is only 3 - 5 %

895813678_CameraSystem.thumb.jpg.359684b56c220b123d41ddd496964158.jpg