Sign in to follow this  
NolliTV

Hikvision to NAS Recording Error

I have a couple Hikvision cameras (DS-2CD853F-E) and I am trying to record onto a NAS (Kimax Model: BS-U35WF with Seagate Barracuda 2TB hard drive); however, I get this: Camera3 Starting recording failed! Error code 4294967282.Record file operation error.

I am using IVMS 4200 V1.02.01.03 for Mac...what the above means and how to resolve? I have added the NAS to the storage device and have given the camera the file path.

If you add the NAS to the Camera to record as NFS, each partition can only support 1 camera.

It's either you partition your nas to multiple partition and use different partition for each camera, or get multiple nas to support the multiple camera.

Also, it's not a given all nas will work with the brand as well.

If you add the NAS to the Camera to record as NFS, each partition can only support 1 camera.

It's either you partition your nas to multiple partition and use different partition for each camera, or get multiple nas to support the multiple camera.

Also, it's not a given all nas will work with the brand as well.

Thank you for responding. Well, I actually was just recording one camera to the NAS see whether things work. The NAS just has two partitions although I had just formatted the drive and didn't specify partition and expected one. However, after mounting the NAS, I noticed it had two partitions. I wondered whether the NAS automatically created the partitions.

It doesn't work this way. The NAS would need to support NFS (Network File System) for the camera to be able to access. Once the camera is able to access the partition, it'll format it in it's own file system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_File_System

Server Address would be the IP address.

File Path would be something like /mnt/xxx

I should have stated that the hard drive information obtained while the hard drive had been taken out of the NAS and newly reformatted in a USB enclosure. My next step is to used IVMS 4200 to reformat the hard drive when its in the NAS and see what happens.

Okay...I formatted the hard drive NTFS, then with the IP address and file path /dev/sda2...still get: Camera3 Starting recording failed! Error code 4294967282.Record file operation error.

How or what software to format the hard drive NFS on Mac? I have Ubuntu or Fedora on Parallel.

Your NAS should handle the formating. Don't need to format outside the NAS.

You might want to consider other brand/model of nas.

What the Camera do is they will populate the partition with their files to "pre-occupied" the space. That's what the camera does with it "format" the partition mapped to the NAS.