Sign in to follow this  
jweaver

Hikvision: Playback Timeline Events during Continuous record

I have just setup my DS-7208HQHI and am really happy with it.

My original plan was to create a 'mask' on each camera, and only record "intrusions" and when I do this, the playback timeline is fully of little red strips showing the events..

But for now, I like the continuous record feature and would like to record all the time for now to see how I go in terms of free space.

Even though I am recording continuously, because I have marked out a 'mask', when I get an intrusion, I can see an "alarm" on the screen. Or I could achieve teh same using a VCA. When I go into the events list I can see the "event".. But on the playback screen, the entire timeline is blue and pretty much pointless

Is there any way to show the 'events' on the timeline, even when the box is recording continuously.. It seems stupid that this isn't possible.. After all, the box knows there has been an event, so why not show it.

It seems so obvious to me, that I fear (Hope) that I might have overlooked something.. Can I make the timeline show the events? Instead of the continuous blue line?

Jon

My original plan was to create a 'mask' on each camera, and only record "intrusions" and when I do this, the playback timeline is fully of little red strips showing the events..

But for now, I like the continuous record feature and would like to record all the time for now to see how I go in terms of free space.

Even though I am recording continuously, because I have marked out a 'mask', when I get an intrusion, I can see an "alarm" on the screen. Or I could achieve teh same using a VCA. When I go into the events list I can see the "event".. But on the playback screen, the entire timeline is blue and pretty much pointless

Is there any way to show the 'events' on the timeline, even when the box is recording continuously.. It seems stupid that this isn't possible.. After all, the box knows there has been an event, so why not show it.

It seems so obvious to me, that I fear (Hope) that I might have overlooked something.. Can I make the timeline show the events? Instead of the continuous blue line?

Jon

You can only view this in the NVR interface..not the web interface..

Jon

You can only view this in the NVR interface..not the web interface..

Web interface? Does it have that? I didn't realise..(Wow.. Just checked and so it does.. I didn't know.. Cheers for that).

I am talking about the NVR.. Right in front of the box with a mouse and monitor.

I only see a blue line when recording continuously, but no events are shown on the timeline.