jweaver

Accessing TVI Cameras Menus using Hikvision box?

I have just built a CCTV system using Sony CMOS TVI cameras and a Hikvision DS-7208HQHI and am really happy.

I am quite familiar with these Sony CMOS cameras as I fly Quadcopters and Planes "FPV" and am used to "configuring" the cameras settings using a little joystick to set things like WDR and White Balance.

I was somewhat disappointed that my cameras did not have these controls, and whilst I am generally happy with the picture, would like to tweak them, specifically to change the exposure and enable WDR... And to be honest, I regretted not buying cameras with these controls.

So today I received my last camera (a Discrete PIR) and was relieved to see the familiar menus/settings in the instructions, but there was no joystick.. But then I read the manual and it said "OSD menus accessed through UTC function of TVI DVR"... And the penny dropped.

Perhaps the menus/settings I want ARE there, but they now be set remotely.. From the DVR.

Is this really possible? And if so, where on the box do I go to get these settings? If I can change these settings of the cameras, I would be blown away, as my fear when starting this project was that I would be up the ladder in all weathers, tweaking the settings.. If I really can do it remotely, I am going to be chuffed!

Can anyone help me?

My fingers are crossed that you can point me in the right direction.

Jon

If the DVR supports it, have you tried using the "PTZ" function?

I worked it out in the end.. Under PTZ the "IRIS-" button brings up the menu.

But its not actually helped.. This worked for the cameras that I didn't even know had menus.

The camera I bought which specifically said it had menus.. Specifiically said supported UTC.. Specifically says it supports the "coaxitron" protocal, doens't work.

No matter what I do.. I can't bring the menus up.. This is odd as the instructions specifically say its possible and mentions the "coaxitron" protocal which I know is setup on my DVR...

Any ideas where I go from here? I NEED to get into this camera, as its internal and switching to night vision far to early, so spends 99% of its time in B&W.

Jon