Sign in to follow this  
chrisrudkin

Urgent Help Please dahua camera system

Hi folks really hope somebody can help, i'm on a biggish site which i have installed a 35 camera system. im using a Dahua 64 channel nvr with 16 hardrive slots on the front. currently only has 6 slots in use. the ip cameras are running 2mp and 3mp in various warehouses. there are 2x 24 port gigabit poe switches, 1x 8 port 10/100 poe switch and 1x 24 port 10/100 24 port poe switch with 2 gigabit uplink ports. the issue im having is there are also 2x 32 channel nvrs. we are intergrating in with an IT company for that is already installed. if i plug 1 of the 32 channels in and load the cameras onto it the system works fine, but if i plug the 2nd one in to the system the cameras drop off the system and have periods of not recording. as soon as unplug one of them the system works fine again. i have gone through each camera and looked at the bandwidth used and most of the cameras are set up at: Stream 1 15 FPS, 2000KPS and Variable bit rate and stream 2 15FPS, 2000Kps and variable bit rate.

Think you gotta draw out a system diagram.

From what you describe, it sounds like you are hooking up the both NVRs through their LAN ports without individually configuring the Cameras assigned to both NVR and also configuring the NVR's DHCP's function properly.

If you are using plug and play function on the NVRs and you hook it up like this, you'll have multiple IP conflicts which may result in the problem you describe.

IF this were my project this is what I would do:

I would assign each IP camera a static IP address and outside the router's DHCP server's IP address assignment range. If the router's default gateway is: 192.168.1.1 and the router is configured to start DHCP IP assignment starting at IP 192.168.1.100 (like all Linksys routers defaults) I would perform the following static IP address assignments:

192.168.1.2 for the first IP camera

192.168.1.3 for the second IP camera

192.168.1.4 for the third IP camera and so on and so on,

the last IP assignment would be 192.168.1.65 for the 64th IP camera

Then having done this, I would configure NVR #1 to use IP address 192.168.1.98

and I would configure NVR #2 to use 192.168.1.99

As I configure each IP camera, I would define and change its default admin credentials with a different one, I would probably use the same user name and very secure password for all the cameras.

I would configure NVR #1 to use TCP port 25000 as its server port, port 25100 for HTTP and port 25200 for RTSP. Then I would configure NVR #2 to use TCP port 26000 for Server, port 26100 for HTTP and port 26200 for RTSP and then open up these respective TCP ports on the customer's router for 192.168.1.98 NVR #1 and 192.168.1.99 NVR #2, at that point the customer would now have remote access to all of the IP cameras that will eventually be connected to the NVR's. The last step would be to configure the user accounts for remove access and setup an account with an DDNS provider (domain) if the customer doesn't have a dynamic IP address. I personally use HiKVision products so for me its just a matter of assigning a non used user name for the "HiDDNS" and all the customer needs to remember is his HiDDNS user name followed by his DVR or NVR user name and password, but since you are using Dahua maybe your specific NVR has EasternDNS that you can use free of charge.

Finally I would plug in all IP cameras to the PoE'd or non PoE'd with auxiliary power to the network switches or if you are dealing with NVR's that come with its own network switch behind (eg. 32 ethernet connectors behind them), then I would plug them in there, then I will attempt to perform an auto search to see if the NVR auto finds the first 32 IP cameras on the first NVR, if that succeeds then I would move onto NVR #2 and plug in IP camera 33 to 64 and perform the same auto search there. If auto search fails then I would add the IP cameras manually one by one by their IP addresses followed by their user names and passwords that you defined to the IP cameras earlier.

All these are connected through the NVR's LAN Ports (or the POE port) and not the WAN Port ?

What's the gateway setting on all cameras ?

And did you disable the DHCP Server function on at least 1 of the NVR ?

the first 32 IP cameras on the first NVR, if that succeeds then I would move onto NVR #2 and plug in IP camera 33 to 64 and perform the same auto search there.

If that's the case, both set of cameras don't need to be on the same physical network, and you should have 2 independent network of cameras to the the NVR.

You shouldn't need to have any physical network cable connecting the 1st 32 Camera to the 2nd 32 Cameras.

All these are connected through the NVR's LAN Ports (or the POE port) and not the WAN Port ?

What's the gateway setting on all cameras ?

And did you disable the DHCP Server function on at least 1 of the NVR ?

I never said that the IP cameras were to be connected to any WAN port. WAN port is your public IP address assigned to you by your ISP, I was referring strictly to LAN ports, connecting all these IP cameras to the LAN ports (as in behind the customer's NAT router) and assigning each IP camera a static PRIVATE IP address that falls within the range of the NAT's (router) range (eg. 192.168.1.2 ~ 192.168.1.254) but falls outside the router's configured DHCP servers IP assignment pool (eg. router DHCP server starts assigning IP's starting at 192.168.1.100 therefore statically assign the IP cameras starting from 192.168.1.2 ~ 192.168.1.99 as to avoid the risk of future IP conflict potential of the router assigning to a new LAN client an IP address via DHCP the same as one of your statically assigned IP addresses).

So, yeah the only thing connected to the WAN port should be the ISP's internet connection (eg. the cable modem like in most setting).

the first 32 IP cameras on the first NVR, if that succeeds then I would move onto NVR #2 and plug in IP camera 33 to 64 and perform the same auto search there.

If that's the case, both set of cameras don't need to be on the same physical network, and you should have 2 independent network of cameras to the the NVR.

You shouldn't need to have any physical network cable connecting the 1st 32 Camera to the 2nd 32 Cameras.

I never meant to infer that the first 32 cameras are to be physically connected to the second 32 cameras. To put it simple to understand, I meant to have all 64 IP cameras connected to the NAT, behind the router, and the first NVR has 32 network switch behind it that is simply connected behind the router and again the second NVR is also connected behind the router all being part of the very same network, not double NATting here or anything like that, these two NVR's are simple network switches but with PoE capabilities. The idea of statically assigning IP addresses to each IP cameras eliminates the possibility of causing IP conflicts or other issues in the future.

Here is a basic illustrative chart that I have created to show the configuration I am talking about:

Two_NVR.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/95x3fpzv5/full/

Try Changing your Camera subnet to 192.168.2.XXX or Change your ISP Router and NVR (WAN) to 192.168.3.XXX .

The Camera subnet shouldn't be the same as your ISP Router Subnet.

The port in your diagram from NVR to your Router is considered as the WAN port of the NVR. The other ports you are connecting the cameras to are the LAN port of the NVR.

Basically you are having the WAN and LAN (of the NVR) on the same subnet. (192.168.1.XXX).

That'll cause some issues. Most likely it's the cause of your problem.

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1141632