Sign in to follow this  
meridioveintiuno

Hikvision DVR, iVMS-4200 and BEST GRAPHIC CARD

Hi everyone! I need some help to find out the best hardware configuration for our internal Hikvision video survillance system.

Today, it is made of some Hikvision DVRs (DVR DS7316 HQHI-SH) and legacy ones that we want to renew. We planned to end with 16 Hikvision DVRs delivering 256 videostreams (more or less).

In top of this, iVMS-4200 software, v2.4.1.3. I am aware of the max 64 channels live preview limitation.

As security office wants to see all cameras at the time, we think about 4 big monitors, acting like a “videowall”. So the load will be shared between four (4) PCs, each one with output to a monitor.

THE PROBLEM;

In iVMS documentation, minimal requirements are Pentium IV with 1gb RAM, GPU Radeon X700 with 256 VRAM.

Comparing this specs with our working PC, it seems to be outdated. We have an i5 with onboard Intel 4600, and with 48 live streams, CPU is at full load (100%). WE KNOW, CAPABLE GPU IS NEEDED, BUT WHICH ONE?

We are looking for a small form factor GPU, an efficient h264 decoder. LOW HEAT GENERATION. NOT A GAMER MONSTER GPU.

What is your advice? AMD, Nvidia…? Model?

Thanks in advance.

In top of this, iVMS-4200 software, v2.4.1.3. I am aware of the max 64 channels live preview limitation.

The 64ch limitation is per monitor. If I remember correctly, iVMS-4200 supports up to 4 or maybe even 5 monitors, and you can show 64ch per monitor.

And yes, to do that you will need a good MONSTER GPU as you say, maybe even two of them.

Incorrect, but tanks for your reply! Look...

As stated in this thread, iVMS software limits Live View to 64 channels. Even if you choose Secondary Monitor option, it splits in 32 + 32.

100% usage Processor i7 9 Hikvision IP cams

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39692

"...Due to the PC performance limitation I'm afraid it's very difficult to achieve a lot of cameras Live View in one PC/Monitor even using a i7 CPU for instance. Besides you need to consider the network bandwidth and a long term stability! That's the reason why we limit to 64 cameras max..."

In our test PC (i5 with onboard intel HD 4600) we can preview 48 streams with aceptable performance in FPS, at the cost of windows 7 not being responsive. 100% CPU.

What I am looking for is sharing that load with a small and efficient SFF GPU card. If not pasive, with minimal fan, able to work 24/7 with not much heat and power consumption.

GPU Benchmark (Passmark) for intel HD 4600 is 710. I guess someting that doubles that mark should be enough.

Thanks to CHINA Hikvision Support Team! This is the GPU and bandwidht iVMS-4200 specs...

We were lucky! Our integrated GPU is on the list, and 32 max CIF recommended live views matches our tests... beyond there, system becomes not responsive.

Note that 3 GPU options are described in last chart;

HD 4600 - Passmark: 704, onboard, shared RAM

GTX 630 - Passmark: 790, 2gb, 50W

GTX 970 - Passmark: 8700! (almost 10x more powerful), 4gb, 150W (too big and hot for our target PC)

Weird, I hope more performance from such a beast. GTX 630 is on pair of HD 4600.

288161_1.jpg

288161_2.jpg

288161_3.jpg

288161_4.jpg

Edited by Guest

That sucks, I did think that a single computer supported more than 64 streams.

Maybe it was so with previous versions of iVMS-4200 and they removed it at some point? I only have two monitors on my own computer, and I just noticed that when I run a single "Main view" I can put 64 streams on it, but when I open another one it only allows me to have 32ch on each one. With 4 "main view" Windows it only lets you show 16 streams, indeed.

Good to have that info at hand, thanks!