Sign in to follow this  
trooper

HELP!!!! Hikvision new camera set up

Need help please.

Ok I have Hikvision NVR 8 port POE. Its all set up and working fine until I bought a new PTZ Hikvision to replace a dome camera.

I connected the new PTZ thinking thats all I needed to do but it comes up NO LINK and I can't obviously see it.

I am not overly tech savvy but im not stuipid either lol.

My other cameras according to my NVR are 192.0.0.x

My new camera is 192.168.1.64, I tried to change the IP with SADP but it wouldnt let me set any IP

My default gateway is 10.0.0.138 according to ipconfig

SO im confused if my default gate way is 10. etc then where and how is 192.etc working??

My NVR sees the camera when I got to "quick add" part and it sees it as 192.168.1.64, when Itry to add a new camera in the old cameras port it won't let me delete the old cameras IP and settings.

I am sure its just a configuration thing, can anyone set me through it ????

Ok i managed to get the camera working but only on my network.

Its plugged into my modem and my nvr can see it.

But when i plug it into the port in my nvr it doesn't show it!

Think you got to change the camera to DHCP and then connect to your NVR in order for your NVR to configure it.

Most likely you got a PTZ with a older firmware or had some prior settings in it.

Did you try doing a factory default setting on the PTZ before connecting to the NVR ?

Think you got to change the camera to DHCP and then connect to your NVR in order for your NVR to configure it.

Most likely you got a PTZ with a older firmware or had some prior settings in it.

Did you try doing a factory default setting on the PTZ before connecting to the NVR ?

Firmware is the latest on the camera. It comes up on my nvr screen when i plug it directly into my modem. When i plug it direct into my nvr i get nothing.

I have tried dhcp as it sets a ip of 10.0.0.X but same problem nothing on the nvr only when i plug it into modem its visible

Yeh i thought of reseting the nvr and camera to default to see if that works.

I am currently running it into my modem and it all works but no recording i think due to not being in the nvr.

If i reset nvr and take photos off all current settings will that be all i need to reinput all the current settings?

You can backup the configuration as well.

So just in case you mess it up, just reload the configuration file.

Ill do a rest today see if that works.

Work this out though.

My cameras that do work are 192.0.0.X with a gateway of 10.0.0.138 one even has a gatway of 0.0.0.0

Isnt the gateway meant to be in the same numbers as the cameras IPs?

Did a reset on camera and NVR and still no luck.

Looks like ill have to run it thru the modem as that's the only way I can get it to come up on the NVR

Check on the Mac address of all the cameras/nvr and your new PTZ ?

There are cases reported where 2 devices had been flashed with the same Mac address, especially those aliexpress sets.