farmcam

Webcam Alarm Notify

When using the alarm notify option on the webcam at client pc and with the motion notify and alert sound both checked, I can't get any sound. The words motion notify appears at the top of the webcam but the buzzer sound will not work even though it has before. I have found buzzer.wav file in the windows folder and I can play it manually, so I know that works if it is the right file. Anybody had this problem? What's the fix?

Geo 1240 card and ver 7.x at server.

I just found out the "pop up" and sound alerts on the Webcam client do not work with Internet Explorer 7.0.

I doubt it was your problem since your post predates IE7.0 but I wanted to let folks know. GeoVision is aware of it and I will update the post when I hear back about a fix or work around.

I finally got my alarm notify to work, but it was by accident. I downloaded Rory's LiveVue demo and when I went back to use the Webcam the alert sound works. The download probably replaced a damaged or missing codec. (Thanks Rory) I now have IE 7 and the alarm still works and it pops up. Go figure.