jjung0920

80 cameras in 50,000 ft²

My client wants to install 80 cameras in his warehouse.

I mostly install HDCVI cameras. But in this case, I'm just wondering whether I can install 80 HDCVI cameras because cameras is too many.

Do I have to use IP cameras in this case? But I feel more comfortable when I install HDCVI.

Please give your idea~ thanks

Hi. Cvi will give you the distance you need on some long runs.

You will need At least 3 recorders so you can use with cvi only or use hybrid .. Analog-cvi and IP.

I would also go with the h265 units to lower the cost of data storage.

Wouldn't TVI be better?

Tvi is good and getting better but no one offers it in h265.

Hikvision did do h264 plus but it did not work

The other problem with hikvision is it's no longer a commercial system ... Tvi or there NVRs it's only good for domestic.

Go on many CCTV forums and it only takes time and date and you have a password ..... That is a bad security problem.

But between tvi and cvi there is no differance except as tvi grows like the new tvi 3 ...... You can't add tvi 3 cameras to a old tvi dvr

Cvi you can just change the camera or add as there images get bigger without having to change the recorder.

But the good part about tvi and cvi now is the distance and the ability to use a BNC T piece on each camera to daisy chain

IP would have the advantage that you could record all cameras on one NVR. Also, you wouldn't have to home run each cable.

That seems to clash with everything I have read about TVI.

CVI being a one manufacture product for starters.

http://www.supercircuits.com/lp/compare-hd-analog-video-formats

http://www.security-camera-warehouse.com/knowledge-base/hd-sdi/

Hi. Both of your reports are from 2014 and not only has cvi / tvi and SDI changed from then technology has changed.

One thing that is wrong in the report is tvi and SDI are Infact made by the same American company.

Yes cvi is only produced by dahua and flir ... Tvi is licences to many

.... Hik / avtech/ everfocus/ Alain and lots of no name China companies and its that problem that has led to the security problems it has

IP would have the advantage that you could record all cameras on one NVR. Also, you wouldn't have to home run each cable.

Yes IP is the best option .... And for long term

Cvi and tvi is also not home run anymore .... Daisy chain with BNC t piece

But the problem with tvi doing that is data ..... Cvi and the new daisy chain Poe IP cameras are now going h265

but yes you are right for long term like years ago IP will last more years than tvi and cvi

Yes, in this case, IP would be beter choice for decrease amount of camera by adopt some high(3M or 5M) resolution to view some big open space/Scene. Furthermore is somebrand able to incoporate barcode scanner to manage all stocks.