destro_23

HD-TVI vs IP - tvi seems better?

I have LTS(rebranded hikvision) hd-tvi 1080p 30fps cameras and 2.1 mp 1080p IP cameras also hikvision and I can honestly say the hdtvi has a better quality pic then the IP camera... Does anyone else see this or am I crazy?

I have LTS(rebranded hikvision) hd-tvi 1080p 30fps cameras and 2.1 mp 1080p IP cameras also hikvision and I can honestly say the hdtvi has a better quality pic then the IP camera... Does anyone else see this or am I crazy?

Yes,Crazy!

Phew just checking lol

The hikvision ip cameras just have way more noise then their hdtvi counterparts, they are just smoother and cleaner video in my eyes.

Phew just checking lol

The hikvision ip cameras just have way more noise then their hdtvi counterparts, they are just smoother and cleaner video in my eyes.

Not for my eyes

IP cam a little better IMO

Phew just checking lol

You likely have not logged directly into the cameras and adjusted the noise reduction and minimized the WDR to under 10.

Thanks boogie, The camera is in a cafe with a lot of Windows. Never thought thought of turning that down because of the brightness outside. I'll play with those settings today and try and get screen shots. Any other settings I should play with? Esp since it's looking at a window? saturation is one that I had to turn down.

In less than 100 meters, Analog HD (HD-CVI, -TVI, -AHD) could give you better video quality because it can provide you the video before compression, as preview monitoring. Meanwhile, IP camera sends the compressed video file to NVR. To be displayed on monitors, the video file is to be de-compressed. You may notice compression artifacts on video quality when the video data is to be compressed too much.