dansleeth

1300 TVL Cameras

Good Morning!

Could somebody please tell me what 'standard' a camera listed as a HD 1300TVL CMOS Dome CCTV Camera would be? They are £13 from an online auction site but the quality is actually a lot clearer than the cameras we use on our old system at work. If you could also have a look at my post in the DVR section related to this, I would be very grateful!

These are the standards that seem to be recognised on most CCTV sites...

1080P

720P

960H

700TVL

650TVL

600TVL

540TVL

480TVL

420TVL

288842_1.jpg

PS I searched this site for 1300 TVL but found nothing

1300TVL would be around the quality of 1080p. However, we see so much that people believe that TVL is be all and end all of a cameras quality. Ultimately the quality of the chipset on the camera and the DVR processing the images dictates the overall picture. It is easily possible that a camera with 1300TVL and power chipset will not be as good as say a 1000TVL camera with a good chipset. Usually the issue is not obvious during the daytime but at night is when a cheap poorer camera will suffer.

The camera might be the HD-Analog Camera that can be grouped either to HD-CVI, or HD-TVI, or HD-AHD. They are not compatible each other. So, you have to match the camera with the corresponding DVR box.

Thank you both for your responses. They work with my current box (luckily?). If I can ID that box viewtopic.php?f=3&t=51042 I guess I should be able to find a new more compact box of the same format... right?

Thanks again!

Hi. Your picture is of a everfocus dvr. So any dvr with 960h will do.

Or a system that takes both tvi cvi and analog..... So you can change to better cameras later.